New owner from Maryland Pretty upset..

Reaction score
Hello Guys! I've recently picked up a brand new Phantom 3 about a week ago and never flew it yet!

Felt like a kid again setting this beast up and calibrating everything etc. but i'm in a NFZ! And it's about 30 miles away to get out of it. This is really bugging me all i wanted to do was make a video of my christmas decorations on my home to send to my family. and can't

Please someone help me. i really don't want to return this item but if all else fails i have no choice.

Thanks in advance. & Happy Holidays!

Reactions: dirkclod
Ahh, I know Potomac well. You're right, there's no flying drones within the DC FRZ at all. But you're just a couple miles from the edge of the DC FRZ. You'll have to drive north west a few miles and then you can fly. Here is DJI's no fly map which is roughly the same boundary as the DC FRZ. Once you get outside the 15 mile radius of Reagan National, you'll be in the DC SFRA, but you can fly in it under certain restrictions, but it's not that restrictive.

No FLY Zones | DJI

Here are the rules for flying in the DC SFRA (the applicable stuff is at the bottom of page 1):

https://www.faa.gov/news/updates/media/sUAS_SFRA_FDC_6_2069_A0037_16.pdf

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum Donald.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Sell the Phantom and get a Blade Chroma. Still shoots in 1080p and no NFZ nonsense to deal with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.