NEW MAPS - New Sat Photos?

Reaction score
Anyone not happy with the new maps . . or is it just me. Seems like DJI has just changed the map supplier and it's not good. For one the app opens with a MAP of the Entire WORLD every time and I now have to pinch zoom back into the local area. If I select a satellite view or Hybrid there are some sections that only show a winter photo . . and of course everything is so WHITE there is little detail.

It also seems it is no longer stored locally and requires a wifi connection to display anything. I cannot find any way to retain the images and not have to reload them every time I start . . and if I'm not near wifi or set up a local hotspot with my phone . . then NO maps and no home point.

Anyone know anything about this?
Cooked Again

Anyone not happy with the new maps . . or is it just me. Seems like DJI has just changed the map supplier and it's not good. For one the app opens with a MAP of the Entire WORLD every time and I now have to pinch zoom back into the local area. If I select a satellite view or Hybrid there are some sections that only show a winter photo . . and of course everything is so WHITE there is little detail.

It also seems it is no longer stored locally and requires a wifi connection to display anything. I cannot find any way to retain the images and not have to reload them every time I start . . and if I'm not near wifi or set up a local hotspot with my phone . . then NO maps and no home point.

Anyone know anything about this?
Cooked Again
It seems to be not just you based on the chatter since DJI changed to Mapbox.

Search Results for Query: Mapbox | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

Reactions: JoBe
Delete the app, Google DJI GO APK 3.1.0 and download that app. You will have Google maps back [emoji4]

Reactions: JoBe
you will brick or get a partial brick if you try to delete go4 app from your plus controller

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan