New Guy needing advice

Reaction score
Just lost my license flying the real thing so, I am just about to venture into a new hobby!
But with all the research I've done I'm still a little confused !

I'm about to buy a P4 as my first ever drone but my dilemma is do I buy the Pro or the Pro + ?
If anyone can share their knowledge with me I'd be grateful.

Thanks in Advance

Phil

My reasons for getting the pro only version and not the plus

1) I wanted a bigger screen on my device, currently using a Ipad Pro 10.5in, higher resolution with retina, but not as bright as the plus's 5.5in 1080p screen. Using the Ipad Pro is a more expensive option
2) I can use the ipad for other things as well, I can use other apps like DJI Ground Station, Litichi, B4Ufly etc. , at the moment the plus can only use DJI Go4 and some other installed basic apps, you can't side load other android apps
3) I wanted celluar connection on the ipad to keep the map updates real time, but you can do this hotspotting the phone to the plus controller but this introduces another wifi network to the mix
4) the standard pro is just a more flexible set-up, you can't even attach other devices to the plus controller, you have to use the 5.5in screen

Last edited:
Reactions: andre renaud
If you want to do waypoint flights DO NOT buy the p4p + since it is basically useless for those type of flights.

Thanks for this info, that has totally answered my question.
With out any doubt the pro sounds the Best Buy for me, when you buy a new drone do you get a download free for the app or is this an additional charge?

Thanks

Phil

Thanks for this info, that has totally answered my question.
With out any doubt the pro sounds the Best Buy for me, when you buy a new drone do you get a download free for the app or is this an additional charge?

Thanks

Phil

The DJI Go4 app is free, only Litchi which is an alternative to the DJI official app is something you have to pay for.

Almost all the related drone apps are free

If you want to do waypoint flights DO NOT buy the p4p + since it is basically useless for those type of flights.

Hi Bob
For sure when I become confident enough I'd like to be able to waypoint flight so again another reason to purchase the pro only.
Not to mention I'll save around £200

I have an iPad Air 2 is there a mount available for this ?

Hi Bob
For sure when I become confident enough I'd like to be able to waypoint flight so again another reason to purchase the pro only.
Not to mention I'll save around £200

I have an iPad Air 2 is there a mount available for this ?

The ipad Air 2 9.7in fits perfectly into the the P4P controller bracket, no need for another mount

This is the 10.5 Ipad Pro which is bigger in the controller

ipad.jpg

Last edited:
The ipad Air 2 9.7in fits perfectly into the the P4P controller bracket, no need for another mount

This is the 10.5 Ipad Pro which is bigger in the controller

View attachment 89306

Bloody perfect I totally know which way to go.

Have to say this is a great forum, you can't beat the advice and experience from pilots.

Thanks so much

Please get some kind of insurance. The first year is the hardest. Pre flight is very important! Knowing what to do in an emergency so that it becomes a reflex. Practice it. It is a big and rewarding investment, take it slow. Your question was answered, but I thought I'd just through that in.

Reactions: MHEICK
Ipad will work with the stock holder on the RC but without any kind of case. I had to remove my Otterbox Rubber Cover to get it to fit. Just a heads up.

Thanks Guys for the advice and help, been very useful and noted.

P4p now ordered [emoji106][emoji106]
Make sure you order ND filters for it. It is a must for good video. Polar pro is good. I got a set close to Polar Pro quality, but much cheaper, "Taco". Yea I am a little frugal. For starters you'll need ND 4, ND 8 and ND 16. You have a little time before you phantom arrives, check what I said is right.

Make sure you order ND filters for it. It is a must for good video. Polar pro is good. I got a set close to Polar Pro quality, but much cheaper, "Taco". Yea I am a little frugal. For starters you'll need ND 4, ND 8 and ND 16. You have a little time before you phantom arrives, check what I said is right.

Great stuff I'll be asking all sorts of questions as this is a brand new hobby.

Thanks for your help

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Well for a novice that was kind of confusing however I got the drift and I intended to play around with this so thanks [emoji106]

On another note has anyone had any dealings with Drones For Less ?

Phil

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing