New Guy needing advice

I don't know any other way interpret this statement that you made,
"ND filters bring the light spectrum in allowing a single iso/shutter speed to deal with a continuous shot of varying light."
At least we agree on the main point of confusion for many. :cool:

I was simply referring to bringing down the brightness of the footage without effecting the colour range. But it doesn't matter.

I was simply referring to bringing down the brightness of the footage without effecting the colour range. But it doesn't matter.
It actually only darkens the scene, rather than the footage, allowing a slower shutter speed to be used. The recorded video footage exposure should be identical either way. The one with the ND filter will just have a slower shutter speed than the one without.

Just lost my license flying the real thing so, I am just about to venture into a new hobby!
But with all the research I've done I'm still a little confused !

I'm about to buy a P4 as my first ever drone but my dilemma is do I buy the Pro or the Pro + ?
If anyone can share their knowledge with me I'd be grateful.

Thanks in Advance

Phil
One think I’ve learned is firmware upgrades require cables.
The controller has both USB and microUSB connections
The drone has only microUSB
Now the iPad Air 2 of course has only lightning connector.

During normal flight, a very common lightning to USB cable is needed.
During downloading firmware for drone, a sort of hard to find lightning to microUSB cable is necessary. I say sort of, because, I can only find them online, I can’t find them in phone or electronic retail stores...which is fine, but inconvenient.

One think I’ve learned is firmware upgrades require cables.
The controller has both USB and microUSB connections
The drone has only microUSB
Now the iPad Air 2 of course has only lightning connector.

During normal flight, a very common lightning to USB cable is needed.
During downloading firmware for drone, a sort of hard to find lightning to microUSB cable is necessary. I say sort of, because, I can only find them online, I can’t find them in phone or electronic retail stores...which is fine, but inconvenient.
Just use the included short microUSB to "female" USB cable, and plug in your iPad Air 2's original lightning to USB data cable. The two fullsized USB ends will connect. Voila! :cool:

Just use the included short microUSB to "female" USB cable, and plug in your iPad Air 2's original lightning to USB data cable. The two fullsized USB ends will connect. Voila! :cool:
That is precisely the cable I’m missing...lol...see my dilemma

That is precisely the cable I’m missing...lol...see my dilemma
My bad. Didn't read far enough back! Maybe someone will sell you an extra one, if they have multiple drones. They only need one such cable!

My bad. Didn't read far enough back! Maybe someone will sell you an extra one, if they have multiple drones. They only need one such cable!
Welll I could go straight to DJI...because the danger of buying a 3rd party cable is making sure it’s a synchronized cable Vice just a charge cable. I can find tons of charge cable aftermarkets, but getting a synchronized capable cable means all wire pairs are connected, not just the charge connections...small point ppl often forget

Welll I could go straight to DJI...because the danger of buying a 3rd party cable is making sure it’s a synchronized cable Vice just a charge cable. I can find tons of charge cable aftermarkets, but getting a synchronized capable cable means all wire pairs are connected, not just the charge connections...small point ppl often forget
Indeed. Most can't tell the difference between a simple charging cable and the necessary data cable! They may look the same, but the charging cable won't work! I fell for that problem back in my P3P days, trying to shorten the 36" stock Apple cable to 12". Took me a while to figure out why it didn't work! Had to spring for the more expensive data cable!

Indeed. Most can't tell the difference between a simple charging cable and the necessary data cable! They may look the same, but the charging cable won't work! I fell for that problem back in my P3P days, trying to shorten the 36" stock Apple cable to 12". Took me a while to figure out why it didn't work! Had to spring for the more expensive data cable!
Ya I fell for it b4 too, not on a drone, but it’s the same issue...that’s how I learned about it. If it weren’t for screwing up I wouldn’t know anything.

Ya I fell for it b4 too, not on a drone, but it’s the same issue...that’s how I learned about it. If it weren’t for screwing up I wouldn’t know anything.
I had to call the local drone shop I bought it from, asking why it wouldn't work. They enlightened me. Not all Lightning cables are the same....;) Screwing up is a great teacher. We remember those lessons well!

Reactions: Slickvolt

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedrinklabsus