New guy in Scotland

Reaction score
Hi folks
Been lurking for a couple of days, and will probably carry on for another few ;)
I'm on the cusp of making my first foray into the world of drones. I've pretty much decided it'll be a P4P but that's as far as I've got. Expect a few brains picked once I'm confident I've trawled enough existing threads ;)
Looking forward to speaking to you lot :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopter’s.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Thanks peeps :)
I believe a few years of flying gliders and kitesurfing has me reasonably clued up on the safety side of things, both in terms of respecting restricted airspace and how to conduct myself when flying close to people and property.
Perhaps unsurprisingly my biggest hurdle now is finding out where to score the best deal as it looks like it's becoming a bit of a mine field out there. Have seen several good deals that I've eventually traced to some sketchy looking outfit based in Hong Kong, but with a .co.uk address (?)
Where are the best (and safest) deals to be found these days?

Decision has been made! I've just went and ordered a P4P
Having to face the fact that I live in the Highlands, meaning I'm limited to Maplins and Jessop's as far as brick and mortar shops go, and managing to resist the temptation to buy from D4L, I followed the advice of a lot of users here and bought from Amazon.
Found an "Amazon warehouse" deal of £1150 for what sounds like a new Phantom in an ugly box, hence the price.
I do have one question though; with these deals you're covered by Amazon's 30 day returns policy, but it would appear that beyond that you're kind of left on your own as you're likely to not be covered by manufacturer's warranty. What is the recommended course of action here for some continued assurance beyond the 30 days?

new phantom 3 standard learner. rth toggle command doesn't work. just lands. fix?
Try flying further than 20 meters (65 feet) away from the home point before initiating RTH. If you initiate RTH within 20 meters (65 feet) of the home point, your Phantom will auto land at its current location (as designed). Check out the RTH section of the Phantom manual for more details on the RTH feature.

Welcome to the forum crabman. I'm sure you'll have loads of pleasure from the drone.
Look forward to seeing some of your videos of the highlands.

Try flying further than 20 meters (65 feet) away from the home point before initiating RTH. If you initiate RTH within 20 meters (65 feet) of the home point, your Phantom will auto land at its current location (as designed). Check out the RTH section of the Phantom manual for more details on the RTH feature.
great. will try. my first post. thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor