New Firmware V01.04.0602

I've ignored the firmware updates prompt since it was introduced and my P4P flies the same. Anybody else not upgraded yet?

I've stayed on 1.03.0509. A couple weeks ago it threw me the limited flight when not connected and I hit ignore instead of agree. It never showed back up again since. I often get the NFZ database needs updating when powering up and I ignore that too. I like this firmware rev. Not updating for now.

Reactions: hankp
Looks like today is your day. See link for RC file. Copied from another thread I was commenting on.
New Firmware V01.04.0602 I did th...ww.phantompilots.com/index.php?posts/1203343/

I just downgraded to RC v 1.1.30 and am having the same power up issues you mentioned. Message DJI GO 4 has stopped. I click ok over and over and nothing. Black screen. Tried powering off and on with holding RC1 and 2 plus the side button and that doesn't help. Not able to swipe down for menu.

Any clues?

EDIT:

I figure this out by removing sd card from RC and formatting it on PC. Out sd card in drone and boot up RC and AC. Pop up messages still appears on RC but was able to swip down and do reset RC.

My set up is AC 01.03.0509 and RC is 1.1.3.0. MY ISSUE NOW is drone locked message. Must update AC firmware.

I thought you could downgrade to previous AC firmware and matching RC version described above and be fine. Anyone have any ideas?

[emoji138]‍♂️

Last edited:
I've stayed on 1.03.0509. A couple weeks ago it threw me the limited flight when not connected and I hit ignore instead of agree. It never showed back up again since. I often get the NFZ database needs updating when powering up and I ignore that too. I like this firmware rev. Not updating for now.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :cool:

Turns out that you need to upgrade to the latest otherwise authorization unlocks won't sync with the app. Requested unlock three times and it would only sync until I installed the latest firmware.

That goes for me too. I haven't noticed any performance issues. Mine does not fly straight but that was before this update anyway.

My two cents, I have a Phantom 4 pro plus. I got two GPS losses despite compass calibration during the last two flights. So, I decided to upgrade hoping this might be the issue.

RC upgrade was without a hitch...five minutes.

Drone upgrade took awhile because my "ad block" stopped me from getting the correct log in to the DJI assist. So, I fooled around with the SD card download. I finally realized my problem and got the Drone to connect to the DJI assist. Download and upgrade about 20 minutes. Then, the map disappearing issue, but I read the post about the fix.

Simply go to settings on the RC and restore to default. Reboot, re initialize the WIFi and the maps re appear.

Three flights today, no a single issue other than the batteries needed to upgrade, but that takes about two minutes.

So, upgraded, no problems, so far so good.

For all of those on the fence, it isn't always a problem or issue.

Reactions: Johnbryson
my controller will not shut off and all I can get on the tablet screen is p4 advanced and this is a p4p.
nice huh?
anybody got the phone number for DJI?

my controller will not shut off and all I can get on the tablet screen is p4 advanced and this is a p4p.
nice huh?
anybody got the phone number for DJI?
You don't really want to call DJI, do you? ;)
Have you made sure the controller is properly updated, too? Both need to be updated together for this upgrade to work, and the app must be updated as well. If all 3 are not upgraded together, you'll have problems. Failing that, you can set up a repair online, without ever talking to anyone on the phone. Faster and less aggravating! :cool:

You don't really want to call DJI, do you? ;)
Have you made sure the controller is properly updated, too? Both need to be updated together for this upgrade to work, and the app must be updated as well. If all 3 are not upgraded together, you'll have problems. Failing that, you can set up a repair online, without ever talking to anyone on the phone. Faster and less aggravating! :cool:
I wasn't trying to upgrade anything.
just got my comtroler back from dji and was trying to link it up it worked a couple of times now all I get is what I stated earlier.
any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

I wasn't trying to upgrade anything.
just got my comtroler back from dji and was trying to link it up it worked a couple of times now all I get is what I stated earlier.
any suggestions on how to fix this problem?
Pretty much the same issue. RC won't connect until both the aircraft and the RC are on the same set of FW pairs. Downgrade the RC or upgrade the aircraft, as it appears they are on diferent versions.

Pretty much the same issue. RC won't connect until both the aircraft and the RC are on the same set of FW pairs. Downgrade the RC or upgrade the aircraft, as it appears they are on diferent versions.
I can't get it to do anything.
all the controller does is sit and beep and I can't shut it off.
tablet only goes to phantpm 4 advanced.
I can't get to the p4p.

Update: 01.03.0418 is the firmware version you may want. It's the last version that you can disable the geo system for extra NFZ that are not the major ones. I realized that my unlock did not work today because I was entering the serial number printed on the AC that I used for DJI care registration and not the flight controller serial number as printed in the application. I wanted to fly around a rock today and catch some other surfers but my own stupidity prevented me from unlocking properly (never had to) but if I would have had this firmware it wouldn't have been an issue. I was not in the state park but on the public beach but the parks zone extends about 3 miles out over the beach and into the city. They told me that I can fly from the beach as long as I am not flying from the park so I think this would have helped me here.

Update: 01.03.0418 is the firmware version you may want. It's the last version that you can disable the geo system for extra NFZ that are not the major ones. I realized that my unlock did not work today because I was entering the serial number printed on the AC that I used for DJI care registration and not the flight controller serial number as printed in the application. I wanted to fly around a rock today and catch some other surfers but my own stupidity prevented me from unlocking properly (never had to) but if I would have had this firmware it wouldn't have been an issue. I was not in the state park but on the public beach but the parks zone extends about 3 miles out over the beach and into the city. They told me that I can fly from the beach as long as I am not flying from the park so I think this would have helped me here.
I'm on FW 1.03.0509 and GO 4 ver 4.0.0 and still have the GEO disabling toggle. Is there more to it than that, or is there something else in 1.03.0509 that will still cause me NFZ problems, that is new and different than 1.03.0418, despite the GEO disabling toggle still being present in my GO 4 app?

I'm on FW 1.03.0509 and GO 4 ver 4.0.0 and still have the GEO disabling toggle. Is there more to it than that, or is there something else in 1.03.0509 that will still cause me NFZ problems, that is new and different than 1.03.0418, despite the GEO disabling toggle still being present in my GO 4 app?

I think that there is a "Important NFZ" update that causes the button to go away on the older firmware. So it doesn't seem to be the app version but running a firmware to where they introduced their new unlocking system which they mentioned it in that older fw I am running in the change long but no matter what the app version is (new or old) you can install that firmware version, ignore the fly zone update and then have the geo toggle. In my case at home there was a runway thirty years ago through my field and for some reason geo still thinks it's active. The new system will not allow you disable warnings about it at all. Sure I guess that's the point but what about situations like this? Which we could mark this spot as home or something.

Just get the coptersafe nfz mod so you can get rid of all nfzs.

From what I understand they still have NFZ it's just modified to a 1 meter radius. They modify a value in the table for NFZ in the firmware so you have to run older firmware but I think it holds well. It would be nice to have a version that can get disabled only temporarily but I guess you could fix it by just flashing new firmware? Some believe that the NFZ gets stored in the application itself but we know that there is something stored directly in the AC itself because it refuses to fly with controller only.

I think that there is a "Important NFZ" update that causes the button to go away on the older firmware. So it doesn't seem to be the app version but running a firmware to where they introduced their new unlocking system which they mentioned it in that older fw I am running in the change long but no matter what the app version is (new or old) you can install that firmware version, ignore the fly zone update and then have the geo toggle. In my case at home there was a runway thirty years ago through my field and for some reason geo still thinks it's active. The new system will not allow you disable warnings about it at all. Sure I guess that's the point but what about situations like this? Which we could mark this spot as home or something.
Thanks for the clarification of what triggers the removal of the GEO disabling toggle. DJI certainly isn't forthcoming about their embedded Trojan horses! So now we have both mandatory GEO and mandatory Smart RTH with the toggles to disable each removed! DJI is locking these things down, under the guise of fixing their bugs!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94