New Firmware V01.04.0602

I updated to the most recent firmware on my P4P this last weekend. It removed the GEO off/On toggle and said that for future flights I might have an internet connection and that if I don't agree with that then I must restore the previous version of firmware. Is that correct? Did I read that correctly? I can no longer find the geo option. Thank you for your help.

I updated to the most recent firmware on my P4P this last weekend. It removed the GEO off/On toggle and said that for future flights I might have an internet connection and that if I don't agree with that then I must restore the previous version of firmware. Is that correct? Did I read that correctly? I can no longer find the geo option. Thank you for your help.
Wow.... if that's correct DJI is really going off the deep end on safety. This is getting ridiculous.

I've got a gimbal problem in my P4P that needs to be returned to DJI for warranty repair. I fear they will update my firmware to the point I can't get back to what I have now.

Wow.... if that's correct DJI is really going off the deep end on safety. This is getting ridiculous.

I've got a gimbal problem in my P4P that needs to be returned to DJI for warranty repair. I fear they will update my firmware to the point I can't get back to what I have now.

I'm having zero issues with the latest firmware and I've been flying a ton.

What happened to the gimbal? You crash?

Ok. I just downgraded back to the previous version. Geo toggle is back and now I don't have to be reminded about unpaved airports! I tried signing out of the application and did have the limitation for distance like the notification said. Problem is that I did it when I had no connection and so I was unable to login and get past that distance limit. I wonder if I'm already signed in and move to an area without network, will I still get that limitation on the new firmware?

I just got my P4P yesterday and when I run Go 4, I get message about incompatible components (something to that effect). I had ordered the bird two weeks ago so I know the newest version shouldn't be on there, but can someone post the version numbers of the <previous> version(s) for anything that has a version number (drone, RC, app, etc) so I can be sure I do have all the pieces at the same release and are indeed compatible? I"m also getting the upgrade message, but that's different from the incompatible notice...

You do not have to update at all as long as you do not update anything else in the system (aircraft firmware, controller firmware, DJI GO app.) All components must have compatible software running but as long as none of the individual pieces are updated then you will be OK (you may be 'offered' the update but you do not have to accept it.) Of course if you never update you will not be able to make use of any new features added in the future, but for some this may be a worthwhile tradeoff.

I just got my P4P yesterday and when I run Go 4, I get message about incompatible components (something to that effect). I had ordered the bird two weeks ago so I know the newest version shouldn't be on there, but can someone post the version numbers of the <previous> version(s) for anything that has a version number (drone, RC, app, etc) so I can be sure I do have all the pieces at the same release and are indeed compatible? I"m also getting the upgrade message, but that's different from the incompatible notice...

f7a18e662a6bd3bc47801fbb6918ee66.jpg

I'm having zero issues with the latest firmware and I've been flying a ton.

What happened to the gimbal? You crash?
No crash, I've got the infamous P4P gimbal squeal, a common issue that's hardware related. This is a reproducible vibration in the gimbal when the craft tilts at certain angles. I can simply hold the craft in my hand after initialized, tilt the craft a certain way, in my case about 25 degrees tipped left, and it hums, sometimes so bad it squeals. Touch the gimbal during the hum and the vibration is very prominent. You can't see it through the iPad when flying, and you can't hear it when it's hundreds of feet away, but it shows up as jello in the SD video, or blurred photos. I thought I had a good craft when I tested it before my Hawaii trip. Unfortunately this was discovered after shooting tons of video in Hawaii. I didn't know about it until I started editing after I got home. You can imagine how pissed I was with much of my video unusable.

Big help - thanks much. But is this for the drone firmware or the RC version (or both..)? I want to be sure I have the right/compatible set of code for both devices

Just for the Phantom 4 Pro's firmware. Not controller. I don't think the controller firmware gets backdated. I could be wrong. But I was however incorrect. It was the application version that removed GEO toggle and not FW. I was using my IPad which had an older version. Going back to my IPhone I have the version of go and am missing the toggle with the older firmware. I think I will go back to the new version since I have the annoying camera distance bug with this one. It stops me dead in my tracks at 300 feet in the air. But then again on the new version I need connectivity?

I don't think I've ever used the RTH feature. Against the law to fly that far away anyways.
Not RTH, but Smart RTH. It is automatically triggered, unless you can turn it off before flight in the settings, which has been removed! The Smart RTH kicking in has been the cause of many crashes at close range where pilots were in the process of landing and it Autolands into water, or heads off to the original Home Point, after you have moved, and the set RTH height gets overridden while the pilot panics and tries to regain control by playing with the sticks, causing the aircraft to crash into neary objects at low altitude!

I don't think I've ever used the RTH feature. Against the law to fly that far away anyways.

Not true - RTH kicks in if one looses contact between RC and AC, for whatever reason, not just distance. It can also be manually activated of course as well, neither scenario against law.

I'd argue all should set at try RTH (rather than avoid) so you know and have experience in how it behaves - should reduce stress when it's needed in emergency.

Re-linking the controller with the drone using the new firmware does not work for me. Reverting back to the old firmware is the only option for me at the moment

Re-linking the controller with the drone using the new firmware does not work for me. Reverting back to the old firmware is the only option for me at the moment

Make sure after you update the drone you update the RC. A lot of people think both update at the same time. Not true. If you don't update the RC after you update the P4P they won't connect.

What firmware version is the RC running?

I just tested mine yesterday after going back to 1.03.0418 and the controller back to 1.03 (or 1.3, whatever the matching firmware was) and I have zero issues now. All the weird glitches I saw with the later versions are gone. And, you can still update the No Fly Zone data to the drone on this version. I don't think I'll be upgrading unless absolutely necessary. This version has always been really solid with no issues at all.

Sorry but I have to have this stupid question. How do you update the RC? Neither Go 4 or Assistant 2 seemed to show an update for the RC.

Sorry but I have to have this stupid question. How do you update the RC? Neither Go 4 or Assistant 2 seemed to show an update for the RC.

When you sign into the GO app you will see a notification in the upper to slide to update your controllers firmware (if it needs it)

Thanks, I knew that but I should have asked for to "Force" and update. I never got a notification during the 5 hours I tried to update everything. YESTERDAY there was another update for Go 4 and then there was an update for the RC. Updated the AC and everything is great again!

Thanks for your help!

Gadget Guy,

The statement that "yellow authorization zones ...requires 24 hours advance notice to unlock" in incorrect. When I attempted to unlock a Class D yellow authorization area yesterday, I immediately received an unlock code as a text on my mobile telephone. I entered the unlock code into the DJI Go app and was immediately able to fly.

I went back to the same area authorization area today to see how long the authorization code persisted. I was able to launch with the DJI App and did not require a new authorization code. So the DJI authorization persisted at lease 24 hours.

After the DJI Go test, I terminated the application and launched Litchi. With Litchi, I was able to fly beyond the 50m limit. So no issues with Litchi.

My impression is that the new firmware works.

How are you unlocking Yellow NFZ?? I tried but do not find where to click for it?

AMENDED: I found it. Contrary to before when you had to click Yellow NFZ, now you just ask for the unlock, get your code and it automatically unlocks all yellow. Cool. back in biz!! :)

Last edited:
How are you unlocking Yellow NFZ?? I tried but do not find where to click for it?

AMENDED: I found it. Contrary to before when you had to click Yellow NFZ, now you just ask for the unlock, get your code and it automatically unlocks all yellow. Cool. back in biz!! :)
Sounds encouraging! However, what about the Enhanced Warning Zones that cannot be preauthorized, and must be dealt with in flight, with no way to unlock them in advance?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic