New firmware update for P3A (1.2.8)

Wow.. that escalated quickly..

Beauty .. I'lll be right onto this.
Thanks DJI
.... they aren't as bad as some people like to say.
They do make an incredible product and back it up a lot better than I could.

Reactions: IflyinWY
This firmware has many changes, not only on the camera unit fw... mhhh... I'm wondering what's addressing more...

So does that mean there is a solution to the update which was "really poor"?
Most all of us know that software is complicated, but really, they couldn't proofread and test, that's not right.

Sadly, I can say I've been watching things go downhill very quickly with this update. It's nice to know they jumped on it. good job dji

So now I will say "Hey DJI, you just delayed my purchase of the P3".
Get it right the first time. o_O

G'day WY .. you don't know how good it is in P3 land.
It's so good to fly this baby.
I was doing a flyover for the local golf club this afternoon.
Glad it's so easy to fly as I had an audience of twenty all around and looking over my shoulder and directing me.
They were more excited than I was.

Reactions: IflyinWY
G'day WY .. you don't know how good it is in P3 land.
It's so good to fly this baby.
I was doing a flyover for the local golf club this afternoon.
Glad it's so easy to fly as I had an audience of twenty all around and looking over my shoulder and directing me.
They were more excited than I was.

Well, you know I Oogle and Awe the P3. I am forced to hesitate though when DJI "rushes to a solution" without considering (my opinion) the end user.

They just did it to us at the P1 and FC40 level too. We got an update which was "NO GOOD".

If anyone thinks I'm DJI bashing, you can think again. DJI is awesome and I love the product. I just wish they had the people working for them who felt the same way.

If you want to go any more "Off Topic" from this thread, start another one. I'll be there. :p

Well, I did the 1.1.28 update and top line of results file says "Success". But in the Pilot app it says firmware 1.1.27.
I shoot 4:3 and didn't have the lines in picture problem before or after 1.1.28.

Well, I did the 1.1.28 update and top line of results file says "Success". But in the Pilot app it says firmware 1.1.27.
I shoot 4:3 and didn't have the lines in picture problem before or after 1.1.28.
It now shows 1.2.8 correctly without me doing anything but leave it shut down for a few hours. I had previously shut it down and restarted twice after the firmware update, but was showing 1.2.7.
(I meant to say 1.2.7 and 1.2.8 in my previous post, not 1.1.27 and 1.1.28.)

Running the 1.2.8 update. Started with the familiar D-D-D-D. Then after about 5mins there is just continuous tone. Sounds like something went wrong. Waiting for the 30mins before powering down the P3. Let's see.

EDIT - formatted the card but the firmware failed. That's 3 times now. Any suggestions?

========= 2014.01.01 00:00:13 unsynchronized ======
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.02.0008.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

Last edited:
Well, you know I Oogle and Awe the P3. I am forced to hesitate though when DJI "rushes to a solution" without considering (my opinion) the end user.

They just did it to us at the P1 and FC40 level too. We got an update which was "NO GOOD".

If anyone thinks I'm DJI bashing, you can think again. DJI is awesome and I love the product. I just wish they had the people working for them who felt the same way.

If you want to go any more "Off Topic" from this thread, start another one. I'll be there. :p

I agree things do need improvements but show me another multirotor company doing it better?

Like it or not these things are not perfect yet but look how far we have come in just a year?

I agree things do need improvements but show me another multirotor company doing it better?

Like it or not these things are not perfect yet but look how far we have come in just a year?
I don't know if I'd mention that as a bragging right. Yes, this firmware update did not mandate it be pulled after a couple of days. So things are looking better.

I don't know if I'd mention that as a bragging right. Yes, this firmware update did not mandate it be pulled after a couple of days. So things are looking better.

It wasn't bragging rights, you missed the point completly.

It was to demonstrate that these devices and manufacturers are still in the pioneer stages. They have come so far but have so much more to learn and develop.

If you want bug free software you should probably unplug from evething now since mostly everything software driven has bugs.

With all of my compass issues, abnormalities etc after the last update... Is it safe to update the firmware without having fixed those issues first? Or do I need to fix them, them update?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1.2.8 Firmware completed this morning on P3A, calibrated IMU after nice fridge chill and this time actually seen the progress bar go across to 100%, calibrated gimbal, and flew flawlessly with VPS enabled. Tested VPS by hovering about 5 feet, walked under the copter, moved my palm upward under the sensors and the copter slowly rose as I moved palm closer to sensors. Flight was a success besides video lag. Hover and position was good. After safely landing gently on the roof of the car, I just realized I hadn't calibrated the compass which I usually always do, next flight.. Win-win-win this flight.

Reactions: bbfpv
1.2.8 Firmware completed this morning on P3A, calibrated IMU after nice fridge chill and this time actually seen the progress bar go across to 100%, calibrated gimbal, and flew flawlessly with VPS enabled. Tested VPS by hovering about 5 feet, walked under the copter, moved my palm upward under the sensors and the copter slowly rose as I moved palm closer to sensors. Flight was a success besides video lag. Hover and position was good. After safely landing gently on the roof of the car, I just realized I hadn't calibrated the compass which I usually always do, next flight.. Win-win-win this flight.

Same here, I had no problem with previous fw (1.1.9) and no problem also with 1.2.8. I really didn't see any difference. Perhaps I see a better gimbal calibration on P3A.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20