New firmware available v1.1.9

Reaction score
Changes? Observations? Poetry?

Well, my Phantom updated successfully, but my controller is not updating. I put card in, sits there. Does nothing even after waiting 5 minutes. Tried turning off and on again 3 times.

Well, my Phantom updated successfully, but my controller is not updating. I put card in, sits there. Does nothing even after waiting 5 minutes. Tried turning off and on again 3 times.

Leave your phantom on with the SD card and firmware (the bin goes in the root). Plug micro USB and plug the square end into the Controller. Turn on controller and wait for the LED to go to green to BLUE.

Leave your phantom on with the SD card and firmware (the bin goes in the root). Plug micro USB and plug the square end into the Controller. Turn on controller and wait for the LED to go to green to BLUE.

I did that (and it worked for previous firmware) but it's not working this time.

My P3P updated just fine. Took a lot longer than previous version and I don't remember the lights going off and the camera going limp. This time it did for several minutes. Then the lights came back on and the camera leveled out and then it went into the D___D_D tone and it was done.
Text file contained:
========== 2015.05.21 22:52:45 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.01.0009.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

I'm still working on my transmitter, no luck yet. I'm using the same USB thumb drive that I did for last version. I've not connected transmitter to P3P for updating.

Same with me. I got the Phantom itself to update perfect on the first try. But, transmitter won't update. I tried 2 different micro sd cards and a third normal thumb drive. No luck. Maybe it only applies to the Phantom?

Reactions: RyanK
Read your update file for the remote. Mine said abort due to the same or lesser version AKA no changes to the controller software

Thanks for the reality check. Forgot to check the log:

==========2015.05.21 23:04:30==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/P3X_FW_V01.01.0009.bin,
Result: Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller.

There is a log file on the USB from transmitter and it says this:
==========2015.05.21 23:12:01==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/P3X_FW_V01.01.0009.bin,
Result: Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller.
Got this same msg on my firmware up dates

Same here on the tx. Appears that, as mentioned, this update might only be for the Phantom. Upon reviewing the changes, it seems like everything only pertains to the Phantom.

Would be nice for DJI to let people know that.

I just did the upgrade on my P3P and everything looks like it went smooth but I'm seeing firmware 1.1.8 showing up in the app!

Anyone else seeing this?

Here's the log from my FW update:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 unsynchronized ======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.01.0009.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

The firmware updated faultlessly for me as well. It took longer to perform than previous updates. Because of the observations made above, I didn't bother trying to update the controller. I'm sure I shall be told soon enough if it is necessary.

Now, if the wind would just drop and allow me to fly...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31