New firmware available v1.1.9

Blade, I thought as much since I went directly to 1.1.8 when I updated. They should consider changing the verbiage in the release notes so no one else gets confused.

They need to change tons of verbiage;)

Reactions: bbfpv
"Notice:
Users are advised to update the firmware version to v1.1.9, otherwise future firmware will not be able to install"

WTF!!!....So, if I can't upgrade from v1.1.8 to v1.1.9, say because I am out of town and DJi releases v1.1.10., I am stuck forever on v1.1.8?????

What kind of sinister 'hook' is DJi putting in v1.1.19?

Nothing new - they started puting this caveat in from 1.1.6 - I am sure it is not going to be a problem to install previous versions if you missed any

Same here on the tx. Appears that, as mentioned, this update might only be for the Phantom. Upon reviewing the changes, it seems like everything only pertains to the Phantom.

Would be nice for DJI to let people know that.
They did let you know, if you read the release notes is specifically says you can skip updating the controller as there are no changes for it.

2. Users may skip updating the remote controller if they have already updated the firmware to v1.1.8, as the latest firmware update does not affect the remote controller.

Reactions: RuneW
Anybody know if the update has sorted the 0 height reading in failsafe, or are we still waiting for a IOS App update for that. I'm hoping this update will be to fix the sonic sensor error at altitude which should not be happening as we all know. Who out of us that has had a sonic sensor error is going to be brave enough to turn VPS back on and let us know if it still pops up. robinb are you going to pop it back on and give it another go.

I followed the full procedure and fired up everything as if doing a flight.

Interesting for me is that the screen said firmware version 1.19 when I first powered up the P3P with the upgrade on the quad. This suggests that the preboot loads the new code and loads it when it first sees the new firmware. Update took 8ish minutes with the camera making the power on tones 3-4 times (obviously I wasn't really paying attention).

Reactions: Vtecturtle
I followed the full procedure and fired up everything as if doing a flight.

Interesting for me is that the screen said firmware version 1.19 when I first powered up the P3P with the upgrade on the quad. This suggests that the preboot loads the new code and loads it when it first sees the new firmware. Update took 8ish minutes with the camera making the power on tones 3-4 times (obviously I wasn't really paying attention).
mine took about the same and did the tones. a couple times i was like wtf it restarted? lol

Just went through with the update, it took me closer to 10 minutes. I heard the power on sound at least 3 times although it never turned off. The lights turned off at one point and the gimbal went limp. It stayed like that for at least 3 minutes although it felt longer because I thought something went terribly wrong. Never got the controller to update but apparently I don't need to so all is well.

Reactions: Jeff48920
this fw flash went differently from previous and it restart bird 3 times and took 10min ... I don't know if it's my impression only, but live video on my ipad air is better than before ....

Mine took about 8 minutes as well. Camera went limp for about 3 of those minutes and all the lights went off for about 1 minutes. Kinda freaked me out. But then it power cycled came up and had the typical beeping pattern letting me know that it was complete. TXT file on the SD card says successful, and all is well. Just longer than normal.

You all do IMU recalibrate after? I'm not sure that's necessary.

This may help explain "Root" for newer users to Mac.
Think of the root directory as the SD card before anything is put on it. No folders or other files, just a clean blank card.

When you move your first file onto the card you are moving it into the root directory. If you create any folders and move files into them, then those files are not in the root directory, but the folder you created is.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: BigPig and rmarler
This may help explain "Root" for newer users to Mac.
Think of the root directory as the SD card before anything is put on it. No folders or other files, just a clean blank card.

When you move your first file onto the card you are moving it into the root directory. If you create any folders and move files into them, then those files are not in the root directory, but the folder you created is.

Hope this helps.
Good explanation. One correction... "root" is device/os agnostic.
A more philosophical explanation (and how it actually came to be known as the "root") -- Think of a tree. Every tree begins at it's root, and branches out to leaves. A file structure is also a tree, where the base directory is the root, and each folder/sub-folder is considered a branch/leaf.

Reactions: ATPUFS
@bbfpv,
After reading this, You made me want to consider dyeing my Phantom 3 Pro' a nice shade of Green... ;-)
green-decal-sticker-for-Dji.jpg

RedHotPoker

ummm mine is showing version 1.1.9 and no update needed......... ive only updated to 1.1.8 so how can this be ??? i was connected to the internet on my nexus when i switched the phantom on.
so whats happened there then.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl