New features coming to the P4

I don't think there is a planned release for a new Go App? Go 4 has recently been released. We are talking specifically about new firmware for the Phantom 4, which is rumoured to be in the pipeline.

I don't think there is a planned release for a new Go App? Go 4 has recently been released. We are talking specifically about new firmware for the Phantom 4, which is rumoured to be in the pipeline.
Okay. Just got my 3rd P4 yesterday and spent 6 hoursgetting it ready. So I will certainlly look forward to newer updates.

Why? These are completely new features that weren't originally in the P4. I for one am happy to get more functionality than I paid for - it's not like it's a broken or undelivered promise.
I'm not losing faith in the P4. I'm losing faith in the suggestion that there may be a major update on the way. I so want it to be true - Every day I get up and check the downloads page with my morning coffee and news.

Reactions: harleydg
Just got back from my states Surveyors Society convention & spoke to a DJI dealer for Datumate mapping software. From talking with him, DJI will have several big releases in the next 30 days or so, including the additional flight modes for the P4 & news on the P5 possibly. He did tell me the P4 production is officially done. Keeping my fingers crossed he is right on the new features!

One dealer had a Matrice 600 Pro on display. That is one sweet setup! Another dealer has a Matice 100.

Reactions: The Flying Swan
Just got back from my states Surveyors Society convention & spoke to a DJI dealer for Datumate mapping software. From talking with him, DJI will have several big releases in the next 30 days or so, including the additional flight modes for the P4 & news on the P5 possibly. He did tell me the P4 production is officially done. Keeping my fingers crossed he is right on the new features!

One dealer had a Matrice 600 Pro on display. That is one sweet setup! Another dealer has a Matice 100.
keepin' in the dream alive

This is exciting news. I absolutely love my P4 and it's great to see that we will be getting added features. Can't wait!

So.....Rumor has it that there are some new modes availble on the P4 following the last DJI GO 4 update yesterday..... I havent verified this myself, but others have......scroll to the bottom of this page to see for yourself.

Tripod mode for standard p4??

Yeah, it's weird. One guy is reporting tripod, draw, gestures, and terrain follow. I myself have gestures and terrain follow, but not the others. Haven't tested it yet. Have a horrible feeling it might be a bug - and we aren't meant to have ANY of it. Would be great if we could get some more people feeding back!

The guy who has tripod mode is running beta firmware from testing...not available to all yet

I checked on my P4 yesterday and i had terrain follow, and gesture mode, but when i tried gesture mode it didnt really do anything, maybe i was too far away from the drone?

I'm really starting to wonder if these modes appearing in the P4 are just a bug in the update? Has anyone else tried to use any of the "new" modes that are showing up in the P4 intelligent flight menu???

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures