New features coming to the P4

Before I picked up my Black P4 I had the autel robotics x star premium. I was extremely disappointed coming to DJI after realizing the waypoint mission was way better with x star. It allowed setting up waypoint missions before flying them but was restricted to about 3000' radius.

Sent from my LG-H811 using PhantomPilots mobile app
If you haven't been told yet, check out Litchi.com

The P4 is around 1000 not 1700 the pro is this.
Precision landing manually is the best and so easy.
What more tracking options do you want?
Rth works fine give it a good altitude...

Most of us on the forum owning P4s paid $1700 not $1000 not that long ago. I bought mine in April and with the extra two battery package etc., it was much more then 1700 once you added the taxes. I bought mine here in Canada thru the "Best Buy" store.

I here about the Litchi app a lot! What happens if you were to get into trouble and had a crash under warranty. Would DJI say sorry for your luck, you were using a third party application.
Does anyone know the answer to that?

I didn't ask them why, I just saw the new app downloaded it and saw the option for P4, while on with the DJI support regarding an unrelated incident using DJI Go App.... my P4 began auto descent 250 feet away from me while 200 feet up high. Anyway I had just downloaded the app and so decided to ask the question, they came back with the answer use DJI go App with the P4 not the Go 4. What would they say if I asked? Because, or that's what I've been using for 9 months, who knows.

Thanks. Ok... Odd.. But your incident happened with the old Go app. And not the new Go 4 app?

I here about the Litchi app a lot! What happens if you were to get into trouble and had a crash under warranty. Would DJI say sorry for your luck, you were using a third party application.

the control app is not an issue for them.
they check flight records and go from that data
keep in mind they supply the internal info needed for the App creators to use

if not operator error or mistake they seem perfectly fine with warranty.

good luck and have flying!

Thanks. Ok... Odd.. But your incident happened with the old Go app. And not the new Go 4 app?
That's exactly what I wrote, yes it was totally unrelated why I was on with DJI Support but since I was involved back and forth with them and discussing software and IMU updates and re-booting blah blah I asked about the new App and Lilian said use the DJI Go App. I will eventually try it, I just I don't want to loose my Drone where it may not return on a command. That App came as result of another frequency platform on the Mavric and possibly P4P, plus many other features that are not usable with the P4. It's too much on that App that we don't want conflicts while on its P4 mode. However people have been using it except a guy that complained about total disconnection while in flight during reasonable close range.

As Kirk said. Think of it this way - the only reason Litchi and other third party apps are possible is because DJI allows them to be possible through their SDK. There is enough tech built into the drone itself, you could control it using the Angry Birds app and it should still be a smooth ride ;)

That's exactly what I wrote, yes it was totally unrelated why I was on with DJI Support but since I was involved back and forth with them and discussing software and IMU updates and re-booting blah blah I asked about the new App and Lilian said use the DJI Go App. I will eventually try it, I just I don't want to loose my Drone where it may not return on a command. That App came as result of another frequency platform on the Mavric and possibly P4P, plus many other features that are not usable with the P4. It's too much on that App that we don't want conflicts while on its P4 mode. However people have been using it except a guy that complained about total disconnection while in flight during reasonable close range.
I use the dji go app for my p4 not the new go4 the newer app was buggy to me. If u search fo dji go 2.9.1 that is the one i use no bugs and google maps works flawless. Hate the new here maps. Wish i could use the older go app for my p4p too!

I use the dji go app for my p4 not the new go4 the newer app was buggy to me. If u search fo dji go 2.9.1 that is the one i use no bugs and google maps works flawless. Hate the new here maps. Wish i could use the older go app for my p4p too!
You can go forward to 3.01 -- it still has Google Maps, and some bug fixes, I believe.

FYI: Once you go to 3.0 or above, no more rollbacks are permitted, as I recall...

You can't roll back any apps via the app store unless you have a backup of your device or saved the apk.

Litchi program is 99% excellent. It's far better than DJ go, and even ground station pro, for setting waypoints prior to the mission. DJ needs to step up their game. Liichi needs to add a few features, but nothing of significance.

Im glad to hear someone has had luck with litchi. All the videos I have watched on it seem to convey that it makes the drone fly away or just straight up crash. What advantages does it have over the free DJI 4.0 app?

You can't roll back any apps via the app store unless you have a backup of your device or saved the apk.
For android, go to apkpure.com -- you can get pretty much every version back to the first. That's where I got 2.9.1 and 3.0.1 to try them both, and discovered that Google Maps is still there in 3.0.1.

However, this is all likely going to me moot when the new release of DJI GO 4 comes out with a slew of really useful new features (Tripod Mode, etc.), and if we want them, we'll just have to suck it up and live with HERE maps.

Im glad to hear someone has had luck with litchi. All the videos I have watched on it seem to convey that it makes the drone fly away or just straight up crash. What advantages does it have over the free DJI 4.0 app?

Not sure what you're reading, I don't get the impression from reading here that litchi has any other problems that DJI GO doesn't have, it's all operator error. It's a good program and it handles waypoints far better than DJI GO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119