New features coming to the P4

Reactions: Suhail78
All this and still no point and shoot waypoint program from the app?

Sheesh......
Before I picked up my Black P4 I had the autel robotics x star premium. I was extremely disappointed coming to DJI after realizing the waypoint mission was way better with x star. It allowed setting up waypoint missions before flying them but was restricted to about 3000' radius.

Sent from my LG-H811 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Before I picked up my Black P4 I had the autel robotics x star premium. I was extremely disappointed coming to DJI after realizing the waypoint mission was way better with x star. It allowed setting up waypoint missions before flying them but was restricted to about 3000' radius.

I believe you are looking for features found within the GS Pro version:

DJI GS Pro - Specifications, FAQ, videos tutorials, manuals, DJI GO | DJI

Reactions: thefrisbee995
Litchi program is 99% excellent. It's far better than DJ go, and even ground station pro, for setting waypoints prior to the mission. DJ needs to step up their game. Liichi needs to add a few features, but nothing of significance.

Yes I use litchi is good but works best with the other go apps uninstalled. And put phone in airplane mode to turn off WiFi and data.
The difference with waypoint missions is with litchi you can create mission in the screen I believe with go app you have to fly to reach waypoint to create them offduty demonstrates this well in Ontario Canada .
I however got litchi for the vr setting and fly almost always with goggles for me it's the best especially in the sun, I've got an 1080 hd screen in my new xioami phone very clear why mess around with fast sharks ....

So I was just checking out some news on my phone when I can across this. I really hope this turns out to be true. I can't see why the P4 can't do more autonomous flight mode's.

www.phantom4-guide.co.uk/mavic-features-coming-phantom-4/

Can't believe this isn't picking up more interest. Not a single mention outside of this thread other than source, and half the people on the thread are shooting the breeze about the ins and outs of Litchi :fearscream:

The fact that they had a round of beta testing in december is positive news I guess Become a DJI Phantom 4 Firmware Beta Tester Do they do this for minor releases??

Last edited:
Well that's why people have bought litchi so they can plot waypoints and use vr goggles to fly
If go does this then we don't need litchi

I guess, but at least that functionality exists via third party. It's the functionality that you can't get on any platform without spending $1700 on a new bird - that I'm more interested in! Precision landing, more tracking options (although some of these are doable in autopilot I suppose), terrain aware tracking and smarter RTH functionality... YES PLEASE :)

The P4 is around 1000 not 1700 the pro is this.
Precision landing manually is the best and so easy.
What more tracking options do you want?
Rth works fine give it a good altitude...

Reactions: Bckmstr
I can't wait for new added features! I absolutely love my Phantom 4!! Seeing DJI expand on its capabilities is just awesome!

I'm still iffy about using a third party app simply because it's just that, third party. And if something were to happen while using it, I'm sure DJI wouldn't warranty the drone. Though from what I've read from a lot of you here, the Litchi app is awesome. So I may end up getting Litchi to play around with down the road. Til then, I hope DJI adds all the Litchi features to their own app so users don't have a reason to stray. :)

I can't wait for new added features! I absolutely love my Phantom 4!! Seeing DJI expand on its capabilities is just awesome!

I'm still iffy about using a third party app simply because it's just that, third party. And if something were to happen while using it, I'm sure DJI wouldn't warranty the drone. Though from what I've read from a lot of you here, the Litchi app is awesome. So I may end up getting Litchi to play around with down the road. Til then, I hope DJI adds all the Litchi features to their own app so users don't have a reason to stray. :)

Litchi is pretty awesome, i have both it and DJI Go 4.

Reactions: umneycreep

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor