New drone and motors wont start

Reaction score
I got the drone today set up went great I can see images thru the dji go app camera, but the motors wont start! I was told to send it back to where I purchased it.I was so excited no its a let down.... oh well

I got the drone today set up went great I can see images thru the dji go app camera, but the motors wont start! I was told to send it back to where I purchased it.I was so excited no its a let down.... oh well
You are doin correct stick movement to start,,try to start with no app just to check if app stopping it

Reactions: Newbieguy
How are you trying to start the motors?

Are you indoors (no gps) with beginner mode enabled?

What FW versions are you using?

What have you tried so far? Have you tried to calibrate the RC?

thanks for all the previous discussions about this, I did do a controller recalibration. I am indoors no rotors on with beginners mode on also. I called 1 last time to DJI wondering if I installed wrong app. The man that answered, had me go thru the set up with him and then told me to go outside, and it WORKED! I shut every thing off came inside put a few things away then went back outside and it worked again! lol 1 thing I did notice in DJI app I could not set the flight return to home altitude and max altitiude, maybe cause I was indoors no gps signal and was in beginner mode but I did switch that off and it wouldn't set (said I was exceeding limits) as I tried different distances under 29m for both. will try again later outside. oh and I almost forgot it asked me one time earlier before motors came on to do a compass calibration, but it never asked again. Shouldn't I do one every time I turn it on and before I try to start the motors?

Are you indoors (no gps) with beginner mode enabled?
I am indoors no rotors on with beginners mode on also.
You can't start the motors while in beginner mode and no GPS. That's why I asked you earlier if you were indoors since you'd likely lose GPS.
The man that answered, had me go thru the set up with him and then told me to go outside, and it WORKED!
Excellent. Did you also try it outdoors earlier after we suggested being indoors could be the issue?
I did notice in DJI app I could not set the flight return to home altitude and max altitiude
Were you connected to the AC when you tried to save these settings?
I almost forgot it asked me one time earlier before motors came on to do a compass calibration, but it never asked again. Shouldn't I do one every time I turn it on and before I try to start the motors?
Do one OUTDOORS in a wide open space that is not magnetically influenced and then leave it alone after that.

Last edited:
Thanks for all yalls help. Your advice was very helpful. I was just thinking yall need to work a DJI. I will test fly tommorrow I have 100 acres mostly hay pasture a few acres of woods down in the back so wide open space.

I was just thinking yall need to work a DJI.
Someone told me once that DJI should provide me with free drones since I help them so much. I think I'd take that instead of working for them. I like being retired. ;)

My step son could not get his new drone to take off. He was outside. He had the props on wrong and got message alerts on screen he didn't understand

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel