New DJI product coming May 15th

Why would DJI build a waterproof *camera*? They are perhaps half a dozen other similar cameras already in the market. I don't think anyone is making lots of money on them.

A underwater UAV, OTOH, would be cool . I have an OpenROV, built from a kit - uses RC motors, just like the drones. Uses a tether, of course. It's a bit clunky but lots of fun. I can definitely see a (smallish) market here - especially low end professional level since those things start running 4 and 5 figures awfully fast. The hardware / software is really pretty similar to a UAV. As noted, same motors, same sort of control issues, video. Just have to work on the waterproofing....

There have been prototypes of 'submersible' flying drones as well.

Why would DJI build a waterproof *camera*? They are perhaps half a dozen other similar cameras already in the market. I don't think anyone is making lots of money on them.

A underwater UAV, OTOH, would be cool . I have an OpenROV, built from a kit - uses RC motors, just like the drones. Uses a tether, of course. It's a bit clunky but lots of fun. I can definitely see a (smallish) market here - especially low end professional level since those things start running 4 and 5 figures awfully fast. The hardware / software is really pretty similar to a UAV. As noted, same motors, same sort of control issues, video. Just have to work on the waterproofing....

There have been prototypes of 'submersible' flying drones as well.
DJI wasn't the first drone maker. They just released the best product they could and ended up with the biggest market share because of this. I imagine this is their agenda by releasing the GoPro look alike camera.

Reactions: N017RW
Have they "recovered" from the hurricane?
The dolphins or the city? Panama City east is a wreck. Panama City Beach is full speed ahead.
I was there February and April. The people was doing so bad I forgot to check out the dolphins.
Panama City Beach

East of Panama City. My in laws place is destroyed and they are living in that white RV. They are in their 80's and on oxygen.

Reactions: beakeru2
The image does look like it's underwater and the swimmer wearing those diver flip-flop thingies. My guess would be an underwater camera, or GoPro type camera also suitable for underwater. No need for an underwater camera here in the New Mexico desert! But, would certainly be neat for those who live near lakes, the oceans, etc. You could make your own episodes of "Sea Hunt." (For those under 60, sorry).

Sea Hunt was great.
Used to watch it after school.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Reactions: clackey
Last edited:
The dolphins or the city? Panama City east is a wreck. Panama City Beach is full speed ahead.
I was there February and April. The people was doing so bad I forgot to check out the dolphins.
Panama City Beach

East of Panama City. My in laws place is destroyed and they are living in that white RV. They are in their 80's and on oxygen.
I have friends 2 miles apart, one almost lost his whole house, the other one had a small branch on the ground.......

There are indications that this could be an action camera like a GoPro.
So, DJI is actually a new supplier of an Action Camera. The market for these cameras is not growing, but there are more suppliers who are copying the trick. The cake portion for each supplier is getting smaller.

I do wonder what DJI expects to be able to add to an Action Camera.

Reactions: beakeru2

Last edited:
Last edited:
Its Leaked everyone :D
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is this really a serious thing !! A CAMERA is the latest, greatest release !!!!!

Giant yawn !!

It does seem a little underwhelming if that is the product. For a company that has innovated so much, a copy of a 10-year-old design category looks a bit tame. There must be more to this than meets the eye.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers