Reaction score
Hello everyone! This seems to be a frequently discussed topic on the forums but I could not find a post that matched my exact symptoms. If this is a duplicate post, please feel free to link me to correct post or move this as needed.

I recently bought a Phantom 3 standard battery on sale at BestBuy and it sat for a few days before I opened it to use it. It was DOA upon opening it and it will not take a charge. The easy thing for me to do would be to return it but I cannot locate the receipt and DJI tech support needs the receipt for proof of purchase. I originally thought the issue was with the charger but ruled this out as my battery that came with the bird charges without issue.

When I connect the charger to the new battery the home button will glow solid red and the green LED farthest from the home button blinks three times. All lights go dark for 5 seconds the same pattern is seen. It looks exactly like this:

I've tried turning the battery on and connecting the charger, leaving it connected overnight and still the same result is seen. Are there any other tricks I can try, or should I just count this as a dud and recycle it?

Best Buy may have a receipt if you go to the store that your bought it from. I've requested receipts from stores before for warranty matters and surprised they can pull them up so I can attach them and send it in. They might ask you the exact date to search and you can get that on your bank account/Visa statement. They seem to be a little more lenient post Xmas too on gift returns.

I bought one from Best Buy, too, and I had the same problem. I tried to force it to charge, following the tips from DJI, and it still wouldn't charge. I returned it to Best Buy, and the store exchanged it, and the new one charges fine. (The battery was out of stock at that particular store, so one was delivered the next day!)

...I recently bought a Phantom 3 standard battery on sale at BestBuy and it sat for a few days before I opened it to use it. It was DOA upon opening it and it will not take a charge. The easy thing for me to do would be to return it but I cannot locate the receipt and DJI tech support needs the receipt for proof of purchase. ...
If you paid by credit card or have a BestBuy rewards membership, they can easily look up your receipt.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj