New B4UFLY App from FCC

Reaction score
A new app named B4UFLY will be available from the FCC for IOS in a couple of months. This app will use your GPS to let you know if there are any restrictions to flying in the area you are in. In addition it has the following features. Information here http://www.faa.gov/uas/b4ufly/
  • A clear "status" indicator that immediately informs the operator about their current or planned location. For example, it shows flying in the Special Flight Rules Area around Washington, DC is prohibited
  • Information on the parameters that drive the status indicator
  • A "Planner Mode" for future flights in different locations
  • Informative, interactive maps with filtering options
  • Contact information for nearby airports
  • Links to other FAA UAS resources and regulatory information.
Not sure how helpful this will be, but it sounds like they are getting into the game at last.
Thoughts?

I heard this app development cost was in the 7 figures. Our tax dollars at work.
Do you have a cite or is this just what you heard on the anti-government cable channel?

Do you have a cite or is this just what you heard on the anti-government cable channel?

Cute.....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngog...s-from-citizen-journalists-not-professionals/

"The second announcement by the FAA was of a new smartphone app, B4UFly, which will be unveiled sometime this summer to 1,000 beta testers. The app will be limited to iOS devices initially, although an Android version is expected to follow. The app is intended to help drone pilots determine whether there are any restrictions in place in the area where they intend to fly. According to reports from the conference, the FAA’s Administrator stated that the app development cost in the “seven figures.”"

And yes I prefer fox news.

Last edited:
Cute.....

"The second announcement by the FAA was of a new smartphone app, B4UFly, which will be unveiled sometime this summer to 1,000 beta testers. The app will be limited to iOS devices initially, although an Android version is expected to follow. The app is intended to help drone pilots determine whether there are any restrictions in place in the area where they intend to fly. According to reports from the conference, the FAA’s Administrator stated that the app development cost in the “seven figures.”"
Obamanation!

Last picture "Upcoming Restrictions"

I could see "Upcoming Restrictions" being planned no-fly zones like a planned air show, or the president coming to visit your community.

I can also think of unplanned restrictions like 5 miles around a forest fire is a no fly zone for all aircraft not directly involved with the fire.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic