A new app named B4UFLY will be available from the FCC for IOS in a couple of months. This app will use your GPS to let you know if there are any restrictions to flying in the area you are in. In addition it has the following features. Information here http://www.faa.gov/uas/b4ufly/
- A clear "status" indicator that immediately informs the operator about their current or planned location. For example, it shows flying in the Special Flight Rules Area around Washington, DC is prohibited
- Information on the parameters that drive the status indicator
- A "Planner Mode" for future flights in different locations
- Informative, interactive maps with filtering options
- Contact information for nearby airports
- Links to other FAA UAS resources and regulatory information.