P2 Firmware Never have flown 2 year old 3 standard

Reaction score
I've owned a Phantom 3 Standard for over two years and have yet to fly it (moving, health reasons, etc.). I'm now ready to get into the game but I have a question. I've found information on installing firmware updates but not the answer to my question.
I imagine there have been firmware updates since I bought it. Do I have to install past updates in order ,or can I just install the most recent one?

Just my opinion but I wouldn’t install any of them. I have a P3S that I’ve been flying for several years. I’ve never updated any of the firmware because it flies perfectly. I’m afraid that things might not work as well if I update it (that may or may not be an unfounded fear). Some people update regularly and have no problems. Others, well...not so good. I flew two Litchi missions this morning before the rain and all was perfect. I just prefer to leave well enough alone. Again, just my opinion.

Do I have to install past updates in order ,or can I just install the most recent one?
If you decide to install the current firmware, you can jump right to the current version and install it from DJI GO like this:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj