need some help

Reaction score
hi guys.

I got a dji phantom 3 advance - realise I didn't have a SD card so I took it out my old phone 32GIG and it's saying slow SD card. What do I need to do to make it capable with the drone?

Also when I took the footage off the card the picture quality was really bad/not clear.
Seem like the picture colouring is out but on my phone on the dji app the quaility is amazing. Would take a picture but I'm out at moment

Thanks for all the help.

First up, welcome to the forum.
Second, please download and read the manual, it's invaluable. And there are more free comprehensive pilot written manuals available too; use Google.
Third, you'll need at least a Class 10 SD Card. A slow card will be the reason for your poor quality video. The two files have nothing to do with each other; the Full HD video is captured directly to the (current slow!) SD Card in the camera mount. The video on the GO app is a recording of the video link transmission to the app.
Does that help?

First up, welcome to the forum.
Second, please download and read the manual, it's invaluable. And there are more free comprehensive pilot written manuals available too; use Google.
Third, you'll need at least a Class 10 SD Card. A slow card will be the reason for your poor quality video. The two files have nothing to do with each other; the Full HD video is captured directly to the (current slow!) SD Card in the camera mount. The video on the GO app is a recording of the video link transmission to the app.
Does that help?

Thank you - I've searched Google and not really answering my questions so I thought id post, so could the quality be rubbish due to memory card being slow?
You can find a list of memory cards that are known to work well here.
Thank you, will take a look but will take ages to be delivered as it's .com and I'm from United Kingdom haha. But defo get one

Last question guys - if someone else was flying there drone next to me what will happen? Will my drone go crazy?
Also how do I make the connection more secure?

Thanks

Thank you - I've searched Google and not really answering my questions so I thought id post, so could the quality be rubbish due to memory card being slow?

Thank you, will take a look but will take ages to be delivered as it's .com and I'm from United Kingdom haha. But defo get one

Last question guys - if someone else was flying there drone next to me what will happen? Will my drone go crazy?

Thanks
Here you go. This is made by Lexar and a great price...
Toshiba Exceria M302 64GB Micro SD Memory Card 90 MB/s 4K - THN-M302R0640EA: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

And this one if you want to use Amazon direct... I have three of these...
SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with SD Adapter - Frustration Free Packaging: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Reactions: Yulee

Thanks

Point One
Yes, for sure.
Point Two
I sent you a UK link
Point Three
Nothing will happen and you can't (but you wouldn't need to) make the connections more secure.

Last edited:
That card will be fine, but I've no idea about the seller! Also a 16gb card will be full with three 15-18 min videos, hence why I suggested a 64gb card.

Re flying next to another pilot, see point 3 above.
Thank you for all your help, might get the 16gb to just practice on and then the 64gb when i'm doing serious filming.

any preference on good/easy editing software?

Thank you for all your help, might get the 16gb to just practice on and then the 64gb when i'm doing serious filming.

I'd just spend once and get the 64gb card.

I use Adobe Premiere, but the Elements version, that can also be bought as a bundle with Photoshop Elements for your photos, is great too. Personally, I'd get the previous version which is still available, which is version 14, as the changes and "upgrades" in 15 are not worth the additional cost.

Here's a different thought to consider regarding card size.

My personal choice is to use one lower density card per battery. Its usually a 16GB or 32GB card. I swap out the card when I put in a fresh battery. I would personally never risk losing a lot of work by sending up my phantoms over and over with a single larger density card (64GB or more) full of video and/or photos from previous flights. Of course, everyone has their own level of comfort with risk so others may have no fear of sending up a large density card.

Like I said, just something to consider when deciding what's right for you.

Cheers!

will get a bunch of cards haha,

also when i'm using the drone my low battery is 10%, 20% to return to home (i think) anyway how do i completely flatten the battery since once 10% it's just running and takes ages to drain.

thanks

will get a bunch of cards haha,

also when i'm using the drone my low battery is 10%, 20% to return to home (i think) anyway how do i completely flatten the battery since once 10% it's just running and takes ages to drain.

thanks
Any particular reason why you want to "flatten" the battery? Normally, you would want to store the battery around 50%.

Any particular reason why you want to "flatten" the battery? Normally, you would want to store the battery around 50%.
so i can fully charge and not kill the battery if i keep chargeing it at 10% or wont it matter?
Thanks

Not don't flatten batt right out ..you will have trouble recharging it,,,y

@Yulee

I usually want to be landing before I get down to 20%.

Why did your P3A not have a card?

Rod

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedrinklabsus