Need some help after bad crash

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I recently crashed my P3S...
The Gimbal seems to be ok, but the battery is deformed, so i assume it's dead. I won't charge it back...
My problems are on the mainboard. During the crash it slipped and some components have been ripped off. One of my electronician colleague solded back a big capa, and it seems to be good. But my compass connector ripped off too, and a black SMD just over it. For the connector, the tracks seems to be ok on the board, so i'm confident with a soldering, but for the SMD, i don't know if it's a capacitor or a resistance, and what value.
Do someone have the information or can meaure it ? It's in blue on the following pic :
InkedIMG_8136_LI.jpg
InkedIMG_8136_LI.jpg

Yay ! Thank you so much. I'll transfer this information to my colleague and we'll try to save it next week. I'll tell you

Reactions: JoBe
Yay ! Thank you so much. I'll transfer this information to my colleague and we'll try to save it next week. I'll tell you
Just a quick side note. Another common part that falls off of P3Ss is the link button. Perhaps check if it’s still in place and secure before reassembly. Good luck.

Reactions: Capt KO
Make sure you select the appropriate voltage rating for the replacement. You'll need to power up the board again and test the voltage accoss the capacitor's pcb pads and then add a safety margin, but your electronic tech mate will know how to proceed here. Cheers

My colleagues told asked me if i meaned 10nF or 100nF. You confirm the 10 uF ?

Just a quick side note. Another common part that falls off of P3Ss is the link button. Perhaps check if it’s still in place and secure before reassembly. Good luck.
Can you explain ? A pic ?

Good question. It is NOT likely a 10uF cap in the 0805 SMD package. Most likely a 10nF (.01uF) or 100nF (.1 uF). It most likely is used to remove the RF transmitter power out of the compass signal. If so, either a 10 or 100nF cap would do that job, depending on what your friend has on hand. Also, very unlikely that capacitor has failed. Just solder it back into place. Good luck.

Can you explain ? A pic ?
I don’t have a quick picture of the link button, but I suppose it doesn’t really need much explanation to any Phantom owner. He’ll know.

Update:
I did a quick search and this was the first photo I saw. If you need more, maybe you can find more with the search. Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
Good question. It is NOT likely a 10uF cap in the 0805 SMD package. Most likely a 10nF (.01uF) or 100nF (.1 uF). It most likely is used to remove the RF transmitter power out of the compass signal. If so, either a 10 or 100nF cap would do that job, depending on what your friend has on hand. Also, very unlikely that capacitor has failed. Just solder it back into place. Good luck.

The above link is to a 10uf 25v 0805 cap. They're as common as muck in this size.

The 10uf cap on the board is also wired in parallel with a 47nf cap accross pins 2 and 4 of compass connector.
ie. Power supply decoupling.
My capacitance meter doesn't lie and I've been repairing electronic hardware for 50 years now.
Agree with you that the cap is probably OK though.

I have the 10uf and 47n caps and the P3S pcb and a capacitance meter in front of me with 50 years experience behind me.
You have a hunch only.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: Alann

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl