Need help with range extenders

Reaction score
Firstly Hello I’m from Leicester uk and would love to know what’s the best range extender I could possibly buy for my p3s just one proviso I don’t won’t not power banks under my controller

I can vouch for both 4Hawks RS and Blueproton’s ARGtek 6 aerial kit. Both work extremely well and are easy to fit providing you take your time and follow the instructions to the letter. Hope this helps.

I can vouch for both 4Hawks RS and Blueproton’s ARGtek 6 aerial kit. Both work extremely well and are easy to fit providing you take your time and follow the instructions to the letter. Hope this helps.

Thank you for you quick reply Astrix but with one is best thank you again

Reactions: Astrix
Telling you which one is best would be an opinion not a fact, unless the responder has used both and has sound repeatable data logs to justify his answer.
I use the ARGtek set up. I use the pole antenna for control and the 2 flat panels for video feed. Never had an issue.

Thank you for you quick reply Astrix but with one is best thank you again

What I think is best will be different from what others may think ... so I can’t tell you what to buy. I did a lot of research before I purchased and narrowed it down to the 2 I mentioned. From there I couldn’t decide so I bought both. I have personal experience of both and they both work for me just fine. I’m very happy with my purchases ... others may disagree with my 2 choices but ultimately it’s my decision and I made it.

Telling you which one is best would be an opinion not a fact, unless the responder has used both and has sound repeatable data logs to justify his answer.
I use the ARGtek set up. I use the pole antenna for control and the 2 flat panels for video feed. Never had an issue.

I’m just trying to find out is it worth it paying over the odds or get the ARGtek one ps thank you for you help

What I think is best will be different from what others may think ... so I can’t tell you what to buy. I did a lot of research before I purchased and narrowed it down to the 2 I mentioned. From there I couldn’t decide so I bought both. I have personal experience of both and they both work for me just fine. I’m very happy with my purchases ... others may disagree with my 2 choices but ultimately it’s my decision and I made it.

Thank you for you reply and honesty astrix

Firstly Hello I’m from Leicester uk and would love to know what’s the best range extender I could possibly buy for my p3s just one proviso I don’t won’t not power banks under my controller
How far do you want to go? I went with the Itelite DBS. I've never tested anything else, nor have I ever flown beyond1200 feet! I bought it just so I would have a bit more stability, not so much range. My decision was based primarily on feedback from other users.

Thank you for you reply and honesty astrix

Not a problem. I always fly within the rules. My purchases were based not on range but to have better signal strength within the P3S parameters to reduce the chance of signal loss etc. I’m not as brave as some but I still enjoy my flights [emoji106]

Magic power then Alfa antennas with a 2w Sunhans booster on the 5.8ghz FPV - overall the best solution

Hey,could you just let me know how much of a difference 4Hawks and ARGtek make? How far did your drone go with and without these products?

Hey,could you just let me know how much of a difference 4Hawks and ARGtek make? How far did your drone go with and without these products?

I can’t help you with distance measurements I’m afraid, I fly VLOS only at all times. I fitted both purely for connection integrity so I could reduce any chance of ‘disconnection’ issues.

What I can tell you is that both devices have never failed me giving me better confidence when I fly. The 4Hawks is directional mind where as the Argtek (depending on whether you purchased a original or copy ... I purchased the original) gives you either directional, omni directional or both at the same time. My Blueproton Argtek came with 3 flat square antennas and 3 stick antennas so you can mix or match depending on your flying circumstances.

As for range ..... as I said, I fly VLOS only at all times.

I can’t help you with distance measurements I’m afraid, I fly VLOS only at all times. I fitted both purely for connection integrity so I could reduce any chance of ‘disconnection’ issues.

What I can tell you is that both devices have never failed me giving me better confidence when I fly. The 4Hawks is directional mind where as the Argtek (depending on whether you purchased a original or copy ... I purchased the original) gives you either directional, omni directional or both at the same time. My Blueproton Argtek came with 3 flat square antennas and 3 stick antennas so you can mix or match depending on your flying circumstances.

As for range ..... as I said, I fly VLOS only at all times.
Thanks for the answer,whats a VLOS?

I was just asking for a personal experience
I've never tested the range. I only use them to bolster my signal. Less chance of losing it, even when it's within my comfort zone in terms of range. I think the farthest I ever made it out was 1700 feet and still had good signal. (Phantom 3 Standard).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT