Need help finding the correct wire replacement parts

Reaction score
In my last crash, the gray and black single wires that run from the drone body to the gimbal assembly got ripped from their connectors. The connectors are those gold IPX 13 connectors that are micro coaxial connectors. I am using my dissecting microscope, tweezers, and other small tools to try to reconnect the ends. But if I fail, can I purchase these wires anywhere else already connected securely?

Sorry for not knowing what the parts are called. They run from the main board in the drone body down through the hole that has the camera wire ribbon cable and then attach to a board in the gimbal assembly.

Thanks.

Reactions: Steve Chief
If you don't want to take the body apart to replace them, you can just plug the new ones in and tape them the side of the body glue whatever.

In my last crash, the gray and black single wires that run from the drone body to the gimbal assembly got ripped from their connectors. The connectors are those gold IPX 13 connectors that are micro coaxial connectors. I am using my dissecting microscope, tweezers, and other small tools to try to reconnect the ends. But if I fail, can I purchase these wires anywhere else already connected securely?

Sorry for not knowing what the parts are called. They run from the main board in the drone body down through the hole that has the camera wire ribbon cable and then attach to a board in the gimbal assembly.

Thanks.
I also crashed my crashed my P3 and my wires actually got ripped right in the middle, so I had to replace them. I bought a full new set including new landing gear because that is where they go to.
In your case did the wires just disconnect from their plugs or did something physical broke?
If it just disconnected you can reconnect them but this is very hard. I ordered new ones and to reconnect them required about an hour. It is so hard to put the plugs on the little circle with a point in the middle. If nothing broke just try to reconnect it, even if it takes a while.

I also crashed my crashed my P3 and my wires actually got ripped right in the middle, so I had to replace them. I bought a full new set including new landing gear because that is where they go to.
In your case did the wires just disconnect from their plugs or did something physical broke?
If it just disconnected you can reconnect them but this is very hard. I ordered new ones and to reconnect them required about an hour. It is so hard to put the plugs on the little circle with a point in the middle. If nothing broke just try to reconnect it, even if it takes a while.
If it's the wi fi wires going to the gimbal, the antennas go in the drone body. They have nothing to do with the legs.

If it's the wi fi wires going to the gimbal, the antennas go in the drone body. They have nothing to do with the legs.
I have the phantom 3se so it could be different. They might have made it to improve the range?

Attachments

• 62223378_308256836787387_1146307353755254784_n.jpg
    62223378_308256836787387_1146307353755254784_n.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 334
  • 62551547_1967545223350585_4740462903331651584_n.jpg
    62551547_1967545223350585_4740462903331651584_n.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 270
In my last crash, the gray and black single wires that run from the drone body to the gimbal assembly got ripped from their connectors. The connectors are those gold IPX 13 connectors that are micro coaxial connectors. I am using my dissecting microscope, tweezers, and other small tools to try to reconnect the ends..
But what I understand is that they did not broke, just unplugged. In that case he can reconnect them, although this is hard

Yes, I agree - the way it's been asked is a bit ambiguous, but I can understand that sometimes it's quite hard to explain clearly and accurately. However, I'm hopeful that the OP will post again with some further clarification - perhaps even with a photo.

So @Peick : Please can you confirm if your (plug) wire connectors have just popped out of the connecting sockets on the board and the wires and connectors are still OK (like in the photo below) and just need to be plugged back in? I know from experience that this can be a hard job, particularly if, like me, you are older generation :)

OR have the wires physically been ripped out of the (plug) connectors? I don't think many people, if any, have had success in trying to re-solder these micro connector plugs, if that is what you have been trying to do.

IPX.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ThomaHolthuis
This is what his images contain. Cheap, connectors included, relatively easy to install:

I don't think many people, if any, have had success in trying to re-solder these micro connector plugs, if that is what you have been trying to do.

My son owns his own computer repair shop and he can solder the tiniest of things. When I crashed my P3S and the wires pulled out of those plugs, I brought them to him to fix. Wasn't happening.

People need to realize that this isn't single wire going to these plugs, but TWO wires. Think of it as a "micro coax cable."

I guess it could be done, but it's easier to spend the $20 and throw on a new set. They are critical to have on the drone, so you don't want to botch it and find yourself with bigger problems.

Reactions: mrmom852
Thanks for being so helpful, everyone. I only just now noticed the replies.

The wire ends ripped out of the connectors. The connectors were still plugged into the board. I will try to put the wires back in, but I'm not hopeful.

Since it's apparent I can't buy new ones, I'll buy regular Wifi anntenae and attach them from the outside per the above suggestion.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Yes, I agree - the way it's been asked is a bit ambiguous, but I can understand that sometimes it's quite hard to explain clearly and accurately. However, I'm hopeful that the OP will post again with some further clarification - perhaps even with a photo.

So @Peick : Please can you confirm if your (plug) wire connectors have just popped out of the connecting sockets on the board and the wires and connectors are still OK (like in the photo below) and just need to be plugged back in? I know from experience that this can be a hard job, particularly if, like me, you are older generation :)

OR have the wires physically been ripped out of the (plug) connectors? I don't think many people, if any, have had success in trying to re-solder these micro connector plugs, if that is what you have been trying to do.

View attachment 111961

yes, ripped out of the plug ends. But I'm using a microscope and small tools to try to reconnect. We'll see how it goes.

My son owns his own computer repair shop and he can solder the tiniest of things. When I crashed my P3S and the wires pulled out of those plugs, I brought them to him to fix. Wasn't happening.

People need to realize that this isn't single wire going to these plugs, but TWO wires. Think of it as a "micro coax cable."

I guess it could be done, but it's easier to spend the $20 and throw on a new set. They are critical to have on the drone, so you don't want to botch it and find yourself with bigger problems.

These are not solder-connected. They are crimped in. I simply spread the crimps and am crimping the ends and using a little glue for good measure

Last edited:
But what I understand is that they did not broke, just unplugged. In that case he can reconnect them, although this is hard
I don't actually know what they are for, on account of DJI not providing a helpful exploded diagram.

I have the phantom 3se so it could be different. They might have made it to improve the range?

Those sure look like the ones, but I'd need to see a shot of the underside, as I am going by where they attach to the board, not where they terminate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan