Dipped my drone in the water...

Reaction score
This is my first post, thanks for any replies and help.
Phantom 3 SE. I was doing a shot close the the water and I looked down for a second to look up and see my drone submerged in the water up to the body. The entire gimbal and maybe the sonar unit were completely submerged for about 1 second. As I was coming back the video feed turned weird, like it had a negative filter on it. The gimbal and camera still worked hours later, but the video feed was still a little funky. I now have the camera and gimbal disassembled.
These are my problems and questions-
-Is my camera ok and why did the video feed start looking weird
-One of the antenna wires AND its connector pulled off of the black board located in the gimbal assembly
- I lost the little connector that was secured to the board in the carpet as I pulled it off the antenna wire
Main question is where do I get a new connector and how do I fix the darn thing?

Attachments

• 20180821_224423.jpg
    20180821_224423.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 322
This is my first post, thanks for any replies and help.
Phantom 3 SE. I was doing a shot close the the water and I looked down for a second to look up and see my drone submerged in the water up to the body. The entire gimbal and maybe the sonar unit were completely submerged for about 1 second. As I was coming back the video feed turned weird, like it had a negative filter on it. The gimbal and camera still worked hours later, but the video feed was still a little funky. I now have the camera and gimbal disassembled.
These are my problems and questions-
-Is my camera ok and why did the video feed start looking weird
-One of the antenna wires AND its connector pulled off of the black board located in the gimbal assembly
- I lost the little connector that was secured to the board in the carpet as I pulled it off the antenna wire
Main question is where do I get a new connector and how do I fix the darn thing?
Phew price gave me a fright,fresh water or salt,,salt water bad fresh water let completely dry before power on or might fry something,,have search on ebay might find one cheaper
Screenshot_20180822-183732.jpg

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Sounds like you butchered the antenna wire nicely- you will need to buy a replacement wire and connector assembly. EBay. Best to work on these things when you have plenty of time and the right tools. Working on a bench with a large flat clean area makes it hard to loose stuff.

Sounds like you butchered the antenna wire nicely- you will need to buy a replacement wire and connector assembly. EBay. Best to work on these things when you have plenty of time and the right tools. Working on a bench with a large flat clean area makes it hard to loose stuff.
Yeah it was one of those deals where I brought it closer to my face to look at it and it dropped. Also both the wires are ok, i just lost the connector that appears to be glued on the board.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94