Need help,did anybody have this problem?

Reaction score
hi everyone,
i have a problem with my phantom 3 professional,when in photo mode it only haves green stripes (as you can see in a picture) and when in video mode only works in 4k but the quality of the video is bad,in any other resolution it only shows lines black and white. do anybody know what is happening?

Attachments

• DJI_0001.JPG
    DJI_0001.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 321
  • Screenshot_20190624-001836.jpg
    Screenshot_20190624-001836.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 239
  • Screenshot_20190624-001942.jpg
    Screenshot_20190624-001942.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 271
  • Screenshot_20190624-002012.jpg
    Screenshot_20190624-002012.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 279
  • Screenshot_20190624-002200.jpg
    Screenshot_20190624-002200.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 233
First thing would be to eliminate a few possibilities. If your device has a camera, try using it stand alone and see if the issue appears. That may eliminate an issue with your device. If the issue persists afterwards, this could be as simple as a loose ribbon cable on the gimbal, or at worst a hardware issue with the aircraft itself. Or it could be an interface and speed issue with the device. What device are you using?

Reactions: misa1234
First thing would be to eliminate a few possibilities. If your device has a camera, try using it stand alone and see if the issue appears. That may eliminate an issue with your device. If the issue persists afterwards, this could be as simple as a loose ribbon cable on the gimbal, or at worst a hardware issue with the aircraft itself. Or it could be an interface and speed issue with the device. What device are you using?
i use huawei mate 10 light,but i have iphone 6 that i can check it out on. is there any other thing that i can do to eliminate some things that can cause this problem? thx

is there any other thing that i can do to eliminate some things that can cause this problem? thx
Try those first. If changing the device and/or testing the existing device doesnt work, then you can try a new USB cable. Those are your options for first testing. If these fail, you either have a bad cable, or possibly the camera sensor. Personally, I would lean towards a sensor issue, but this needs testing first.

Try those first. If changing the device and/or testing the existing device doesnt work, then you can try a new USB cable. Those are your options for first testing. If these fail, you either have a bad cable, or possibly the camera sensor. Personally, I would lean towards a sensor issue, but this needs testing first.
thank you so much for the advices.i will perform tests but if this do not solve the problem do you suggest to change the cables or just to reattach them? if its camera sensor the only option is to change the camera?

if its camera sensor the only option is to change the camera?
Pretty much so. But hopefully one of the other options will work. You would have to get the entire gimbal and camera assembly for that. Try the USB cable's first. They are the easiest and cheapest way.

Pretty much so. But hopefully one of the other options will work. You would have to get the entire gimbal and camera assembly for that. Try the USB cable's first. They are the easiest and cheapest way.
Thanks again! I will try that now. Hope i don't need to disassemble gimbal and camera, for that, should i buy new cables or just to reattach old one?

Reactions: David_Cambridge
Photos and movies recorded on the SD-card are also garbled, correct?

If that's correct, the issue is somewhere on the road from sensor to the Ambarella chip (which compresses video for SD-card).
Where I get this from? Here's my old drawing:

Note that SD-card is connected to Ambarella chip. So if the video recorded there is garbled, then the issue must be on the right side of Ambarella in that drawing. It might be:
- Input of Ambarella chip, ie. Flat film Wire connectors (unlikely)
- The Flat Film Wire itself (that's the usual culprit, most probable)
- Connection to the board with CMOS sensor
- The CMOS sensor itself (second most probable case, as CMOS sensors are quite delicate)

Photos and movies recorded on the SD-card are also garbled, correct?

If that's correct, the issue is somewhere on the road from sensor to the Ambarella chip (which compresses video for SD-card).
Where I get this from? Here's my old drawing:

Note that SD-card is connected to Ambarella chip. So if the video recorded there is garbled, then the issue must be on the right side of Ambarella in that drawing. It might be:
- Input of Ambarella chip, ie. Flat film Wire connectors (unlikely)
- The Flat Film Wire itself (that's the usual culprit, most probable)
- Connection to the board with CMOS sensor
- The CMOS sensor itself (second most probable case, as CMOS sensors are quite delicate)
First i will like to thank you for this helpful answer!

Yes, the recorded photos are garbled, the only difference is that on live feed when i add expositure i can see some contures of image and on the recorded photo there is nothing except green and black horizontal lines (like in attachment) and when i try to record a video i can only do 4k but bad quality, and every other resolution in live and on sd card is just black and white horizontal lines (like in attachment)

What is your suggestion to do first? Maybe i will sound stupid but im new in this, can you please tell me what is flat film wire? Its not the flex cable or is it? And if its a cmos sensor is there any possibility to buy it somewhere?

Thank again for your help

What is your suggestion to do first? Maybe i will sound stupid but im new in this, can you please tell me what is flat film wire? Its not the flex cable or is it? And if its a cmos sensor is there any possibility to buy it somewhere?

I'd first buy and replace what I called Flat Film Wire, but I see Wikipedia calls it Flexible Flat Cable.
When buying it, make sure you get 2-layered version; the simpler version often causes interference, and image quality is still bad.
(though some people reported the simple version worked fine, so it seem to depend on specific design)

I'd first buy and replace what I called Flat Film Wire, but I see Wikipedia calls it Flexible Flat Cable.
When buying it, make sure you get 2-layered version; the simpler version often causes interference, and image quality is still bad.
(though some people reported the simple version worked fine, so it seem to depend on specific design)
Thanks agin for the help! Is the cable im looking for from the picture in attachment? If it is where is it connected on the other part?
IMG_20190627_131659.jpg

You mean this one like in attachment?

Yes.

What about cmos sensor, do you know is it anywhere available to buy it? Maybe second hand?

When I needed such things, I checked my local ebay-like auction site.
Some people buy these from china, though I don't know any suppliers myself.
It definitely needs to come from a disassembled drone - there's no other source.

You mean this one like in attachment?

What about cmos sensor, do you know is it anywhere available to buy it? Maybe second hand? View attachment 112367
Yes, you have the correct ribbon cable. Make sure it is 2-ply, as the single ply ribbons are counterfeit and don't work. These ribbons deteriorate after a while. Not really sure what it is that quits working properly, but when I have the issue you are referring to, (corrupted video), replacing the ribbon cable solves the problem. Issues with the Ambarella chip usually render the video feed "inop". I have over a dozen main boards with bad chips, no video, and they are almost impossible to replace.

Good luck!!

Yes.

When I needed such things, I checked my local ebay-like auction site.
Some people buy these from china, though I don't know any suppliers myself.
It definitely needs to come from a disassembled drone - there's no other source.

Thanks a lot for the help i will try this and i will post the results of my problem, thanks again

Yes, you have the correct ribbon cable. Make sure it is 2-ply, as the single ply ribbons are counterfeit and don't work. These ribbons deteriorate after a while. Not really sure what it is that quits working properly, but when I have the issue you are referring to, (corrupted video), replacing the ribbon cable solves the problem. Issues with the Ambarella chip usually render the video feed "inop". I have over a dozen main boards with bad chips, no video, and they are almost impossible to replace.

Good luck!!
Thanks for the suggestion [emoji106][emoji106]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic