My 'you have reached max altitude of 100'...' error is back, still not in beginner mode

Reaction score
Hi,
Back in July, I had posted about this problem, where I would be flying in unrestricted airspace, and suddenly the drone would not go over 100' up and 100' away. A forum member suggested that it was the batteries not being updated. I did that, and it was flying fine until about 10 days ago. I was out and about shooting foliage in PA and NJ, along with a couple of real estate jobs. The problem returned. One day, I did about 8 flights, only on one did the drone fly normally. I have a pair of Phantom 3 Pros and 8 batteries. They were fine for 3+ months, now I am frustrated again. I have recalibrated the compass, controller, switched to and out of beginner mode, etc.

Yes, BOTH DRONES are doing it, suggesting that it is the batteries since I use them with either drone. Can anyone suggest something that I can try? It is so frustrating! It has nothing to do with location, apparently. I have used the drone in WI, OH, PA, NY, NJ, CT during those three months that they were functioning fine. Oh, one thing that is different. I was doing some video of foliage in NY state along the Hudson River. It would fly 167' away and tell me that I reached max distance. All the other times, it only goes 100' away. The altitude reached message is always at about 98.5'. Any insight is very much appreciated. I fly about 2 times a week on average, if that matters.

Regards,

Rich

Oso

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Hi,
Back in July, I had posted about this problem, where I would be flying in unrestricted airspace, and suddenly the drone would not go over 100' up and 100' away. A forum member suggested that it was the batteries not being updated. I did that, and it was flying fine until about 10 days ago. I was out and about shooting foliage in PA and NJ, along with a couple of real estate jobs. The problem returned. One day, I did about 8 flights, only on one did the drone fly normally. I have a pair of Phantom 3 Pros and 8 batteries. They were fine for 3+ months, now I am frustrated again. I have recalibrated the compass, controller, switched to and out of beginner mode, etc.

Yes, BOTH DRONES are doing it, suggesting that it is the batteries since I use them with either drone. Can anyone suggest something that I can try? It is so frustrating! It has nothing to do with location, apparently. I have used the drone in WI, OH, PA, NY, NJ, CT during those three months that they were functioning fine. Oh, one thing that is different. I was doing some video of foliage in NY state along the Hudson River. It would fly 167' away and tell me that I reached max distance. All the other times, it only goes 100' away. The altitude reached message is always at about 98.5'. Any insight is very much appreciated. I fly about 2 times a week on average, if that matters.

Regards,

Rich

Hi RJ. Have you tried signing out and signing in again to avoid the flight restrictions of FW 1.11.20?

Meta4

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Honestly, I cannot figure out how to log out of DJI on my phone? smh.
i-9xNNGkN.jpg

Reactions: Capt KO and Oso
Reaction score
THANK YOU! Finally found it! It worked. Thanks much. Only problem I had is that one of my two drones is only showing a black screen, not getting the video feed through to my phone, so I guess it has to go to the shop. I think I have a black cloud following me. :)

Best,

Rich

Oso

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reactions: Mustang35

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members