My 'you have reached max altitude of 100'...' error is back, still not in beginner mode

Reaction score
Hi,
Back in July, I had posted about this problem, where I would be flying in unrestricted airspace, and suddenly the drone would not go over 100' up and 100' away. A forum member suggested that it was the batteries not being updated. I did that, and it was flying fine until about 10 days ago. I was out and about shooting foliage in PA and NJ, along with a couple of real estate jobs. The problem returned. One day, I did about 8 flights, only on one did the drone fly normally. I have a pair of Phantom 3 Pros and 8 batteries. They were fine for 3+ months, now I am frustrated again. I have recalibrated the compass, controller, switched to and out of beginner mode, etc.

Yes, BOTH DRONES are doing it, suggesting that it is the batteries since I use them with either drone. Can anyone suggest something that I can try? It is so frustrating! It has nothing to do with location, apparently. I have used the drone in WI, OH, PA, NY, NJ, CT during those three months that they were functioning fine. Oh, one thing that is different. I was doing some video of foliage in NY state along the Hudson River. It would fly 167' away and tell me that I reached max distance. All the other times, it only goes 100' away. The altitude reached message is always at about 98.5'. Any insight is very much appreciated. I fly about 2 times a week on average, if that matters.

Regards,

Rich

Hi,
Back in July, I had posted about this problem, where I would be flying in unrestricted airspace, and suddenly the drone would not go over 100' up and 100' away. A forum member suggested that it was the batteries not being updated. I did that, and it was flying fine until about 10 days ago. I was out and about shooting foliage in PA and NJ, along with a couple of real estate jobs. The problem returned. One day, I did about 8 flights, only on one did the drone fly normally. I have a pair of Phantom 3 Pros and 8 batteries. They were fine for 3+ months, now I am frustrated again. I have recalibrated the compass, controller, switched to and out of beginner mode, etc.

Yes, BOTH DRONES are doing it, suggesting that it is the batteries since I use them with either drone. Can anyone suggest something that I can try? It is so frustrating! It has nothing to do with location, apparently. I have used the drone in WI, OH, PA, NY, NJ, CT during those three months that they were functioning fine. Oh, one thing that is different. I was doing some video of foliage in NY state along the Hudson River. It would fly 167' away and tell me that I reached max distance. All the other times, it only goes 100' away. The altitude reached message is always at about 98.5'. Any insight is very much appreciated. I fly about 2 times a week on average, if that matters.

Regards,

Rich

Hi RJ. Have you tried signing out and signing in again to avoid the flight restrictions of FW 1.11.20?

Honestly, I cannot figure out how to log out of DJI on my phone? smh.
i-9xNNGkN.jpg

Reactions: Capt KO and Oso
THANK YOU! Finally found it! It worked. Thanks much. Only problem I had is that one of my two drones is only showing a black screen, not getting the video feed through to my phone, so I guess it has to go to the shop. I think I have a black cloud following me. :)

Best,

Rich

Last edited:
Reactions: Mustang35

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj