My shirt says:

Reaction score
With drones and their bad reputation I am prepared to be harassed by an occasional person with nothing to do. I already will refuse to fly anyplace near a school(kids in general) or near any groups of people in fear I will be seen as a pervert or pedophile. Let's face it, ignorant people think like that and actual perverts using drones does not help that case. I am studying all I can about my rights and rules of drones, so if anyone tries to say I am illegal I'll educate them with the written laws tucked in my drone case. I'm almost going to wear a shirt when I fly that says "Don't fear my drone, ask me about it" So how many here have been confronted negatively by a closed minded person?

I do damage inspections for a living. I was flying around a building while photographing it. A few minutes later a woman came to me screaming that I took a photo of her as she walked out of a shower. I simply told her that the drone’s camera was angled and couldn’t see through a window due to the reflection of the sky. That she was more than welcome to stay and watch my screen and see for herself that I couldn’t see anything inside any apartment. She cooled down and left.

With drones and their bad reputation I am prepared to be harassed by an occasional person with nothing to do. I already will refuse to fly anyplace near a school(kids in general) or near any groups of people in fear I will be seen as a pervert or pedophile. Let's face it, ignorant people think like that and actual perverts using drones does not help that case. I am studying all I can about my rights and rules of drones, so if anyone tries to say I am illegal I'll educate them with the written laws tucked in my drone case. I'm almost going to wear a shirt when I fly that says "Don't fear my drone, ask me about it" So how many here have been confronted negatively by a closed minded person?
Yip have had that,no fight but would have kicked *** but was being polite to what was being said,,,have also had people walk up my driveway abusing me of spying,,once again I controll myself,,,have also had visit from cops,,that was good out come,,I educate on some info so that good,,that's where dji flight data can save your backside,,,I was happy,,.I got do not disturb drone vest but not wear it,,I now just go fly where people are limited,,,I won't say what will happen if I get approached again,the outcome won't be good for whoever disturb me,,,also I check with airshare on this ages ago and have permission to fly anywhere in my district but common sense must used,I take this email with me and if need to I will show whoever,,if they not like it watchout,,have done enough educating,,public not stupid with all info avaliable,,they just want to argue.
20181103_214705.jpg

I do damage inspections for a living. I was flying around a building while photographing it. A few minutes later a woman came to me screaming that I took a photo of her as she walked out of a shower. I simply told her that the drone’s camera was angled and couldn’t see through a window due to the reflection of the sky. That she was more than welcome to stay and watch my screen and see for herself that I couldn’t see anything inside any apartment. She cooled down and left.
My guess is, with respect to the one complaining, you might have gone out of your way to make sure you didn’t get her in the footage. The only occasion I had someone accusing me of trying to film them I had to explain I didn’t have a wide enough angle lens to fit her in the frame. I had flown behind the line if the sand dunes and directly out to the water to make sure I didn’t over fly anyone.

I had to explain I didn’t have a wide enough angle lens to fit her in the frame.
OMG.....That could be taken in a really bad way if "she" knew what you said.......Just saying....:eek::eek:

OMG.....That could be taken in a really bad way if "she" knew what you said.......Just saying....:eek::eek:
Hopefully she got the message. She was completely obnoxious and the language was almost unbelievable- there were a few young kids around also. The screeching started as she was approaching from 30+ metres away.

The screeching started as she was approaching from 30+ metres away.
In that instance, maybe you should have stated a fish eye lens........that would do it....:cool:

How 'bout, "My drone can kick your honor student's arse."

Yip have had that,no fight but would have kicked *** but was being polite to what was being said,,,have also had people walk up my driveway abusing me of spying,,once again I controll myself,,,have also had visit from cops,,that was good out come,,I educate on some info so that good,,that's where dji flight data can save your backside,,,I was happy,,.I got do not disturb drone vest but not wear it,,I now just go fly where people are limited,,,I won't say what will happen if I get approached again,the outcome won't be good for whoever disturb me,,,also I check with airshare on this ages ago and have permission to fly anywhere in my district but common sense must used,I take this email with me and if need to I will show whoever,,if they not like it watchout,,have done enough educating,,public not stupid with all info avaliable,,they just want to argue.View attachment 106138
My theory is to ask 3 questions before flight. Can I fly over this land, can I fly in this air space (with/without added restrictions) and will there be people around. Anyone I see approaching are greeted with a smile and an explanation. I must say all i’ve had had been positive comments (must have been lucky). I know I have the law behind me if necessary.
It helps to have an extremely helpful city council down here and CAA.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik