Crazy neighbor, crazy story

I've had similar things happen, not UAV related but x-wife related. It's best to put people who make public statements against you in place. Go for the throat or their pocketbook if you feel the need. You should contact your attorney at the very least and have an official letter written to her, telling her to stop. You actually have your proof in writing and "Defamation of Character" is a serious offence and easily squelched once your true self is known to all. To the length that she went to destroy your name, you should own her house or let her make payments to you. Prove your innocence to your community through her ill intentions. If you don't stand up for yourself, with all of your friends, then these things will continue and people will be talking about you behind your back and the attacks could get worse or become physical, especially in a small community. Honestly, you need to terminate this issue with extreme prejudice. Use the police, call them and notify them as to what has happened on the internet with her. They really help in cases like this.

Reactions: Isaac Pittman
It is the luddite mentality. Remember the fuss when mobile phones first had cameras? They started banning them everywhere because only Pedos had them. Funny now they are mainstream nobody says anything any more!

Post a pic of the FB page. Redact names.

Man, these kinds of stories suck! I'm with others posting here, you need to take care of this in any way you possibly can. What one said about you having your attorney draft a letter is very sound advice in my view. At the very least you need to send a message to this psychotic ***** that this will not be tolerated. If it were me, my lawyer would make it VERY clear to her that there will be legal repercussions if she does not go back to that very same forum and admit her dumbassness, say she was wrong and made an *** of herself, then paint you to be the nicest man in not just that neighborhood but the whole **** state and didn't need her vitriol. As for someone who said he won't carry anymore while flying because of this,,,,I carry EVERYWHERE. Period. In all actuality the man who came within inches of the OP's face committed assault right then and there. Maybe not assault which justified deadly force, but a swift punch in the mouth right there was TOTALLY justified. But trust me, unfortunately, I know from experience that when you have to use that weapon in self-defence it will be in the least likely situation or place than you would EVER expect.

Anayway, something like this has not happened to me, YET. But I already have plans for what I'm going to do when it does. I'm going to pull up Google Earth on my tablet and center it right on their house. Then slowly zoom in on it and keep asking them, "Let me know when your privacy is being violated." Google has OBSCENELY close and detailed photos of nearly every home on the planet. The man with a hot daughter who he's worried about being spied on?? Hell, if she was out sunbathing when the google satellite went over that'd be a hell of a treat. My point is, people have no clue what they're talking about and we need to clue them in.

Most of the people on my block sit on the front porch to watch. Most like to see what their yards look like from the air. Everybody is very cool with it.

Reactions: HawkeyeImaging
all my neighbors love to see their yards from the air. most sit on the front porch to watch. maybe I'm just lucky.

Reactions: Wibble
Once you are at/above 100' altitude, private property/privacy rights evaporate, w/some exceptions, as you are in FAA regulated airspace. Individuals that actually think you can "spy" on someone at that altitude w/a fixed focus wide angle lens have the same mindset as those that "burned witches at the stake" - e.g., paranoia as a result of being dumb. Also, fwiw, On Apr 13, 2016, the FAA confirmed that shooting down a drone is a federal crime and cited 18 USC 32. That statute makes it a felony to damage or destroy an aircraft. Disappointingly, some local law enforcement agencies do not seem to be aware of this.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lilewis/26704407256/in/dateposted-public/[/IM

This is a screen cap from a P3S of my neighborhood, taken from 385 ft. Are some of you suggesting that I would need to get every property owner's permission before taking the video? If that's the case, then Google Earth/Maps would need to do the same. Right?

It is unfortunate. It is one of those things that otherwise rational people get stuck in their heads and they just won't budge despite any evidence disproving their worldview. I've also had heated debates with some people that I fully respect and I can't get them to see anything but that people would want to peer in windows. Luckily I've never been confronted in such as violent and unreasonable manner and I'm sorry you had to endure that.

I experienced this crazy view almost as soon as I got into the hobby and wrote about it at the time: Drones – Cool or Creepy?

I've since added this photo to my repertoire to try to aid the discussion and point out that while you could use a drone to spy, there are generally much cheaper, quieter options already available.

Don't sweat it. Not with drones but the same principle, saying you are spying when you are not. Not trying to hi-jack the thread (or an I? ;))

I have a handicapped son who lives on his own. One day last year, we caught a state employee in the apartment without my sons nor our knowledge prior to entry. She just went in and was caught going thru closets. I immediately put up a surveillance system. Never had another problem. Until a couple of weeks ago.

I got an email from the housing 'head honcho', saying that I need to redirect my cameras because I am invading the other tenants privacy. I have 3 fixed position cameras. I sent her a screen shot and it clearly shows the common area coming to his apartment and of course, the other buildings - same view as if you were standing in the front door from any of the apartments.

She wants the camera moved, to show only my sons apartment to give the others privacy because "the camera is pointed at their apartments".

You guys decide:

Screenshot (170).png

If she said it, it's a Defamatory action, if she put it in print, it's Libel. You have to be able to prove "injury to reputation, etc. However, if it were me, I'd go give an attorney $100 and ask him to send a "Slap Letter" to both father and daughter. A "Slap Letter" is one that basically is a blow back, threatening legal action, etc. I like it when the lawyers put in "Mr. XYZ's conscious was shocked that you would make such a wildly false and unsubstantiated accusation". I've had to do this twice in my life, and it was money well spent both times. Unless daddy is a lawyer or has a bunch of money, he/daughter don't want the monetary problems of going to court, (even though they won't be).

Reactions: Squirrel!
Were you on your property?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
on my block in a small neighbor. parents don't care, kids love me, let them fly with a little hands on help. Northglenn, Co. I have another buddy with a drone, love to take pics air to air. Great fun no drama.

Don't even try to fix stupid, it will never work. Sharing with your neighbors is the best idea. Holding a spotlight on a fool tends to work wonders.

That is so **** !!! I would have handed the controller to my daughter .
Here darling hold this while Daddy shows who is boss of this park -- now keep walking or you will be hanging of the drone !!

I film commercially for real estate people. One of my rivals' employees have decided to muck-rake by spreading the (false) rumour that I'm flying illegally. One recently even jumped out of his car in front of me and said "are you licenced?" (you don't need to be, even for commercial use) and then added "that's illegal" to a manoeuvre I was doing (it wasn't). All this in front of the real estate salesman and the house owner. The salesman knows me and had to usher me away and the owner said "what a jerk", but there will come a day when it impacts on my business and I have to do something about it.
It's either ignorance on their part or pathetic commercial rivalry, but I have no time for either.
I sympathise with the OP, some people are just born dumb and /or nasty and you can't fix it. I'd rather lose a few bucks than be called a pervert though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik