My Prop Guards saved me today

Reaction score
Mine saved me twice today , wind blew me into a small spruce tree & a Cement Pilar for main Power distribution power lines & it bounced off the Pilar , not only that , but a little panic strike & I used the wrong control to move away & instead , went into the Pilar harder & I powered out of the Tree limbs , side ways .
I will never take mine off , since I fly around this stuff , practicing , my Carbon arrow shaft's installed between the Guards where the sting would go , worked as I wanted . I have to check the Video to see what it picked up .

Attachments

• DSCN2755.JPG
    DSCN2755.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 478
  • DSCN2756.JPG
    DSCN2756.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 491
Reactions: rattydude77
Where did you get those legs from?

Why not just use the string included? Don't you think the carbon would add unnecessary air flow problems and weight problems?

Why not just use the string included?
That string could be dangerous if it breaks and wraps around the props. That happened to someone here not too long ago.

I haven't tried them, but I can tell you Polar Pro products in general are made very well. Perhaps Gearbox will chime in and tell us what he thinks of them.

I haven't tried them, but I can tell you Polar Pro products in general are made very well. Perhaps Gearbox will chime in and tell us what he thinks of them.
Actually there's two other companies that have them on Amazon, look the very same. (but different name) For $8. and $10.

Yes, sir. Polar Pro is not the only game in town. I was only pointing out that they make quality products.

I like the idea of the arrow shafts, simple and elegant solution. My first ever flight I chopped up a few twigs but luckily flew away from the tree, went straight home and bought guards.
Polar Pro legs in the UK are $45....ouch

Why not just use the string included? Don't you think the carbon would add unnecessary air flow problems and weight problems?

There is a thread around here where the thread came loose & wrapped around one of the Prop's & he crashed & did a lot of damage to the Drone .
I looked at my video & it shows me getting into the tree , which I think was totally my fault , but the initial hit on the Cement Pilar was the wind & my panic made it worse , but in both instances , with out the Guards , I would have crashed & had damage .
I kind of tested them with out wanting to , if I can figure how to edit the un needed footage , I will post it , because both entanglements happened at near the end of my flight . I also had some Geese that I spooked , almost collide with the craft also on this flight .

I have to look to see which brand legs I purchased , but to me they work very well . I take off & land on an small elevated platform & the legs add a good deal of stability , though in the tall grass in my yard , the grass still effects initial start up with the Camera gimbal , but landing , even in a wind , is very stable , seems to reduce tipping .
The Carbon Arrow shafts don't seem to effect any performance , Like I said I have the video , but I'm new at this editing stuff , so as soon as I have the time I will post it , its kinda funny watching yourself panic a little .

Both the Gimbal guard & landing gear are Polar Pro , both were on sale when i ordered them from Best Buy , The Landing gear was $ 19.99 & the Gimbal Guard was $ 14.99 . I got them earlier this year.

I bought the gimbal guard and had to return it. On the standard when the camera moves down it would hit the guard and rest at about a 160 degree angle.

Got mine at BB too so I'm pretty sure it was a genuine polarpro.

This is similar but without the bar connecting the 2

Landing Gear Stabilizers for DJI Phantom3 Standard, Advanced, Professional and 4K Quacopters Drones https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IN6ANFO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_IUs6xb66C1RP4

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Yes, those are the very ones I bought just last night $9.99 Amazon prime. I'll let you guys know if they work for me, as I have a different gimbal guard that has two nylon ties at each end that might get in the way of these.

Both the Gimbal guard & landing gear are Polar Pro , both were on sale when i ordered them from Best Buy , The Landing gear was $ 19.99 & the Gimbal Guard was $ 14.99 . I got them earlier this year.
As I use a case for my Phantom I'll be needing to remove and install these every time I fly. Is that going to be a pain? Do they come on and off with ease.

The legs (stabilisers) are a snap on fit and the gimbal guard fits inbetween the slots along the bottom of the dji legs. You can cable tie (tie wrap, zip tie) the guard, best if you use the removable ties. The gimbal guards for the 3S are a different fit to the advanced, the little vertical bars in the bottom groove are in different places but that is probably a 2 second fix with a small file or knife.

I bought the gimbal guard and had to return it. On the standard when the camera moves down it would hit the guard and rest at about a 160 degree angle.

Got mine at BB too so I'm pretty sure it was a genuine polarpro.

My Camera hit also at first time installing it , but I flipped Guard around & the Camera doesn't even come close & the way its cut , to me , it looks like thats the way its supposed to fit .
I have both the Gimbal Guard & the Landing gear tie wrapped , because I don't plan on detaching them . They snap on , but I wasn't impressed with them that way enough to not strap them down in some way . Besides , easy enough to take extra tie wraps so they can be removed by cutting them & replacing them with new ones or as said ones that can be reusable .

After my Crash , from only about 20 feet into a high grass field & it broke the Gimbal , I wanted something to absorb some of the impact , as a precaution to maybe save that fragile Camera assembly & I really don't want it to just snap off , thats why the tie wraps , maybe help some & those landing gear , both the Drones & the Guard & extra Legs are sacrificial , Hopefully .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl