I CAN'T MANAGE TO PUT NEW COVERS ON MY PHANTOM 4 DRONE

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I've got a Phantom 4 which I bought about three, or four years ago. I ended up flying it into a tree. I lost two propellers and two covers. Friends of mine brought me a set of new covers from Poland. They look as if they would fit perfectly, but they don't.
It almost looks as if the would fit if it weren't for the the small protrusion on the top of the covers. Must I cut them off if I want to install them?

Attachments

• IMG_2372.JPG
    IMG_2372.JPG
    300.8 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_2373.JPG
    IMG_2373.JPG
    223.7 KB · Views: 410
We have had another member that had the same problem. He posted about it. There seems to be no answer. So there must be two types of covers for the Phantom 4. Just guessing, maybe It’s for a different Phantom 4 in the Phantom 4 series? If it doesn’t fit, there is no way to make it fit. It is just the wrong one.

Yes I had this recent ,,2xp4s ,me take off one to put on other and there big gap,to short but bigger than p4p ones cause they are smaller again,small lug at top should sit in locator hole,,had me thinking aswell,,now I'm not sure on this but do p4s have different models for example drone I just buy said p4s "0" as if it a version number,other p4s just had p4 so that got me thinking they all might not be the same...in pic can see the gap,it's terrible and this from p4 onto another p4,,strange,,and can only go 1 way on each leg,,,
1559424570079-63336219.jpg

See this what I mean about different models,,,what's the ""0"" stand for ?? Wm330A?? Remote is gl330c
20190602_093949.jpg

Another pic
We have had another member that had the same problem. He posted about it. There seems to be no answer. So there must be two types of covers for the Phantom 4. Just guessing, maybe It’s for a different Phantom 4 in the Phantom 4 series? If it doesn’t fit, there is no way to make it fit. It is just the wrong one.
Thanks for coming back. I've covered the "hole" with white insulation tape, which might affect it a little bit, but at least it keeps me in the air.

Attachments

• OFFENDING CLIP PHANTOM.jpg
    OFFENDING CLIP PHANTOM.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 278
Another pic

Thanks for coming back. I've covered the "hole" with white insulation tape, which might affect it a little bit, but at least it keeps me in the air.
Hey just while you there,,that protruding bit should go into small hole in leg,,,I think the reason it not go in cause other one is still in the hole for location and probly need to come out to fit better,,,or if clever Re drill the hole,,,,,or tape works just fine.....these little tabs break off in the hole blocking it

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Yes I had this recent ,,2xp4s ,me take off one to put on other and there big gap,to short but bigger than p4p ones cause they are smaller again,small lug at top should sit in locator hole,,had me thinking aswell,,now I'm not sure on this but do p4s have different models for example drone I just buy said p4s "0" as if it a version number,other p4s just had p4 so that got me thinking they all might not be the same...in pic can see the gap,it's terrible and this from p4 onto another p4,,strange,,and can only go 1 way on each leg,,,View attachment 111699
See this what I mean about different models,,,what's the ""0"" stand for ?? Wm330A?? Remote is gl330cView attachment 111700
Thanks for coming back Ian. I've covered the "hole" with white insulation tape, which might affect it a little bit, but at least it keeps me in the air and the hole doesn't look too obvious.

I think ianzone is right. When you said clip doesn't fit, I was thinking it was the problem ianzone had where the clip was just different. Yours may fit.
Be careful about the insulation tape. Make sure there is no metal in it. The compass wires run down the legs.

I think ianzone is right. When you said clip doesn't fit, I was thinking it was the problem ianzone had where the clip was just different. Yours may fit.
Be careful about the insulation tape. Make sure there is no metal in it. The compass wires run down the legs.
Thanks for the warning, I didn't realize that I should be careful about any metal, but of course.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl