My first P4 video

Reaction score
So this is my first attempt at a proper video production. It combines my new hobby (UAV’s) with my longtime hobby (high power rocketry). I had my P4 for exactly three days before this footage was taken so there is plenty of room for improvement ;) I edited this with Movie Maker; not best tool for the job. What video editing software do most people use on the PC platform?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great video, the only thing you could have made a little better is when the rocket goes out of sight you should tilt the camera up.[emoji3][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

So this is my first attempt at a proper video production. .......I edited this with Movie Maker; not best tool for the job. What video editing software do most people use on the PC platform?
I used Pinnacle Studio, about $100. It's easy to learn and comes with 6wks of video training. For the hobbyist it's adequate. Adobe Premiere is the best IMO but it costs $240/yr, every year. It will also take you longer to learn how to use it, because it's so capable.

I used Pinnacle Studio, about $100. It's easy to learn and comes with 6wks of video training. For the hobbyist it's adequate. Adobe Premiere is the best IMO but it costs $240/yr, every year. It will also take you longer to learn how to use it, because it's so capable.

Thanks John. Is Premiere Elements any good? I see it is on sale until 11/29 for $59.99.

Thanks John. Is Premiere Elements any good? I see it is on sale until 11/29 for $59.99.
I'm not sure since I haven't used that in a long time. It should be good for basic things, but I'm not sure if it will do 4K (which I don't use anyway) or color grading. I doubt if you'll want to do 4K video editing since it does take a pretty powerful PC to render efficiently, not to mention file sizes and you'll need a 4K TV to see it. Color grading is important to most people to adjust contrast, brightness, saturation, etc. Pinnacle and Elements will not edit H.265 compressed video, which you probably won't need for a while anyway, now supported with P4P. Elements might be fine for you, definitely better than using Movie Maker.

I think cam suffers from tilted horizon problem.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yes some horizon issues, but good video for a first time.I use premiere CS6, no subscriptions , and of course it will become dated eventually, but for the hobbyist it is still overkill.

So this is my first attempt at a proper video production. It combines my new hobby (UAV’s) with my longtime hobby (high power rocketry). I had my P4 for exactly three days before this footage was taken so there is plenty of room for improvement ;) I edited this with Movie Maker; not best tool for the job. What video editing software do most people use on the PC platform?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
i think you did an awesome job. Thanks for sharing. You should put it on youtube.

I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC. IMHO it is on overkill for what I do - hobby - but very powerful. It is an amazing software, that's the reason it takes a bit longer to learn. It also requires a computer capable of handling the rendering. I edit my videos in 4K for family presentations, for this I have dedicated external hard drives, the file size of the videos in 4K are quite large.
If you are not going to edit your video in 4K consider Pinnacle Studio as John Locke suggested above. I have heard very good things about this software, fairly inexpensive. My recommendation is to start at that level, down the road if you feel that you want to take it to the next level then consider investing in the hardware and software.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers