Still flying my P4 (original) after two years, but...

Reaction score
I bought an original P4 two years ago, and it was my first UAV, and a great introduction for me into this wonderful hobby. I did have an issue with constant VPS errors with my first copter after just shy of one year ownership, and DJI replaced it with a new copter from what I believe was the last batch of P4's produced. I also developed the dreaded charging issue with my remote this past spring, and re-flowing the main-board bought me a bit of time - as the issue then returned - but I have since purchased a new remote on Ebay, and thankfully, and as advertised, it had all the appearances of being new and works perfectly.
So now I'm faced with a dilemma... With the replaced copter from DJI and the new remote that I purchased, my equipment is still fairly 'young' and working very well, and it was a joy to send out on some over water flights where I frequently fly from just the other day. Then, an individual who I have met before shows up with the P4 Pro V2...
Right away, I noticed how much quieter it was, even though I have the 'low noise' props on mine. Then, there was the higher resolution video feed which really adds to the flight experience. Overall, it was so much more refined, and even though I knew this to be the case, seeing it in operation really drove this fact home.

I bought an original P4 two years ago, and it was my first UAV, and a great introduction for me into this wonderful hobby. I did have an issue with constant VPS errors with my first copter after just shy of one year ownership, and DJI replaced it with a new copter from what I believe was the last batch of P4's produced. I also developed the dreaded charging issue with my remote this past spring, and re-flowing the main-board bought me a bit of time - as the issue then returned - but I have since purchased a new remote on Ebay, and thankfully, and as advertised, it had all the appearances of being new and works perfectly.
So now I'm faced with a dilemma... With the replaced copter from DJI and the new remote that I purchased, my equipment is still fairly 'young' and working very well, and it was a joy to send out on some over water flights where I frequently fly from just the other day. Then, an individual who I have met before shows up with the P4 Pro V2...
Right away, I noticed how much quieter it was, even though I have the 'low noise' props on mine. Then, there was the higher resolution video feed which really adds to the flight experience. Overall, it was so much more refined, and even though I knew this to be the case, seeing it in operation really drove this fact home.

The Mavic 2 Pro is even better than the P4P. That being said, why bother with a P4P if you aren't a professional? You're only going to get bragging rights from that 1" sensor.

The Mavic 2 Pro is even better than the P4P. That being said, why bother with a P4P if you aren't a professional? You're only going to get bragging rights from that 1" sensor.
Have you owned a P4P, in what way is it better besides distance runs and a few more features, its my understanding although it has a 1" sensor image quality is still inferior but that may be because of stability issues with Mavics in general

I guess one reason that I’m leaning towards the P4 Pro v2 if I upgrade is because I already have 4 batteries that still have lots of cycles left, and I do like the form factor. Portability is not a real need for me. I also really want to experience the goggles as well, and I want others to experience them while still allowing me to connect the iPad.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj