My Drone went in to R.T.H mode by its self @ 30% battery

Reaction score
While i was out flying the P3SE last week......i brought it back to 20 feet of me and at 5 feet off the ground....i had walked to a bench at the park about 50 feet from where my " home Point " was recorded at.....the battery was at 30%.. and i had just heard the warning that the battery was low (30%)...i stood UP and was going to walk and fly the drone at the 5 feet high back to the point where i took it OFF at......When all of a sudden it revved UP..rose to the what i believe was the RTH home altitude and flew to the south west and i had NO Controls at this time....Then it stopped and slowly descended and landed with in 3 to 4 feet of Right where it had took off from with a fully charged battery....Now whats going ON here with this going In to RTH thing on its OWN...it was a scary few moments with NO control ! ...do you need the flight data to see what went on to cause my drone to do that ?

I'm happy that no one had a problem with the larger text as its much easier to read.....Thank you

Last edited:
Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Now whats going ON here with this going In to RTH thing on its OWN
It most likely did as it was designed to do. Will need the logs to verify as msinger mentioned above.

Yes bit unsure of what goes on in its mind sometimes,rth,unsure with the se but had very similar issues a while back but with smart return to home,I was getting these all the time,I turned it off and me issues went away,to smart for its own good,,I know when rth is initiated you got no control till it reaches its rth height setting which explain lack of control,strange to how it land at 30%,what's you critical,10%,,like above,to really see what happen to might have to upload the flight,,any warnings in you app that might give idea of what happen,I be searching and watching
20180628_073557.jpg
20180628_073637.jpg
,,,been trying to find a flight where I had a autolanding a mile and half out,scary

Last edited by a moderator:
20180628_102614.jpg
I would also go through and check all settings,3 failsafe modes,something trigger the low battery I'm picking even at 30%.good luck ,hard to find any decent if on this,I still looking around
Screenshot_20180628-102936.jpg
20180628_102653.jpg
20180628_102653.jpg
....hey at least I got to read the manual

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Ianzone....I'm going to go to the flight log in the Tablet and find the one of that day on battery number 2 and post it here for a proper exam...I hope that will revel why it went in RTH at 30% and only a few feet away...and No touches on the screen at that time.

Last edited:
I am quite restricted flying in this small park...many trees and sport goal posts OK 2 flight record follows:
this record shows no RTH issue and stops at around 10 feet high....a few battery deviations and down link restored issues so ?

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

I only flew 2 batterys and here are the 2 flight records....hope they show what happen
on the 2nd flight as drone was 5 feet away at at 5 to 6 feet high when i lost controls and
it went to RTH mode..and rose to RTH altitude and auto landed that was some
scary time...with trees all around park.

Last edited:
I have 2 flight records and i just added the second...
Which of these two flight logs is for the flight you're describing above? Can you point us to the time in the flight log where your Phantom started to fly away on its own?

It has to be the top one....the lower one shows when i picked up the landed drone and walked to the truck to turn battery OFF and swap batterys.... And in the picture...lite blue dot was where it took off from and landed on its RTH feature....the yellow dot is the park bench that i had walked to and was flying in the shade...the red dot is where it was and i lost all controls and it went Straight UP. to 98 feet...moved to the l south west and descended and landed....Heart rate at that time was HIGH !....however the record shows no time of that !
DRONES  PATH.jpg

Screenshot_20180629-080012.jpg
Just a idea would this type of flight records be worth looking at,I know you can watch stick moments etc,like flight data you can see what it recorded,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl