My Drone went in to R.T.H mode by its self @ 30% battery

When the pre set low Batteries warning [emoji615]️ % is reach (Default is 30%) The go app has a pop up screen appear. You can choose to go home or keep flying If you choose nothing it will Go home. Interestingly it (the SE) should Auto land and not go into RTH if it’s less then 50 ft from RTH point If you need to cancel RTH quickly flick the S1 switch up &Down But man scary stuff when it doesn’t do what you are expecting

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
OK gotcha

And just by way of confirmation - I ran several tests a few months back with the low battery and critical low battery levels set at various values, and found that RTH and autoland battery levels are determined by distance and altitude via the computed SMART_BATTERY.goHomeBattery and SMART_BATTERY.landBattery values, not by the levels set in the Go app.

When the pre set low Batteries warning [emoji615]️ % is reach (Default is 30%) The go app has a pop up screen appear. You can choose to go home or keep flying If you choose nothing it will Go home. Interestingly it (the SE) should Auto land and not go into RTH if it’s less then 50 ft from RTH point If you need to cancel RTH quickly flick the S1 switch up &Down But man scary stuff when it doesn’t do what you are expecting

That's not correct. The FC takes no action based on those warning levels. See post #24 above.

And just by way of confirmation - I ran several tests a few months back with the low battery and critical low battery levels set at various values, and found that RTH and autoland battery levels are determined by distance and altitude via the computed SMART_BATTERY.goHomeBattery and SMART_BATTERY.landBattery values, not by the levels set in the Go app.
Good to know would this be across the whole phantom range,I better buy a computer thingy

One thing I know to do if I'm coming back home with a low battery and I'm several hundred feet high its to stay at that altitude because if it hits 10% and starts to autoland all stick commands still work ( except up, left stick forward)which may just be enough to get you back another 1000 ft of so...

One thing I know to do if I'm coming back home with a low battery and I'm several hundred feet high its to stay at that altitude because if it hits 10% and starts to autoland all stick commands still work ( except up, left stick forward)which may just be enough to get you back another 1000 ft of so...

True, although the higher the aircraft the earlier (in terms of battery level) that autoland is triggered. But, as you say, you still have horizontal control, so maybe that's unimportant.

That's not correct. The FC takes no action based on those warning levels. See post #24 above.

See page 12 ish in the Manual
IMG_0626.jpg

I'm Thinking that i was watching the drone Up that close and I Missed the pop UP screen that allows me to cancel RTH or keep flying.......But i still have a concern why all that's not recorded in the flt record....just to be sure ever things OK...I'm going to for the next few flights .Go fly in a Very very wide open area....and i will keep the drone in front of me..and...watch the screen for that message and YES i've seen it and canceled it and watched the battery level and i keep the drone 25 to 50 feet away and bring it close and land it when its down to 20%.

Most likely there was a warning on the screen and you did not cancel it. The Phantom then did exactly what it was designed to do.
Tcope.....I really Think that is what happened and with the drone really close to me....and them FOUR Spinning Blades....I was keeping Both eyes on the drone.....I had ear phones on and i heard that warning......But never looked at the screen to cancel the drones auto RTH.....But the missing flt record to show that is a mystery. still.

See page 12 ish in the Manual
View attachment 100569

Yes, but that doesn't mean what you might quite reasonably conclude that it means. The initial request to go home based on battery, that you have to cancel if you don't want to, and the autolanding trigger, that you cannot cancel, are not the low and critically low battery warning levels (default 30% and 10%) that are set in the app. As I mentioned above they are actually based on the calculated battery reserved to go home or to make it down to the ground, and are recorded in the log fields that I referenced. Those values can be greater or less than the app warning levels, depending on altitude and distance from home point.

Tcope.....I really Think that is what happened and with the drone really close to me....and them FOUR Spinning Blades....I was keeping Both eyes on the drone.....I had ear phones on and i heard that warning......But never looked at the screen to cancel the drones auto RTH.....But the missing flt record to show that is a mystery. still.
I had also a number of RTH notifications (and yes, I saw a pop-up on the screen). But ... I can't find these RTH's in the flight logs either.

I had also a number of RTH notifications (and yes, I saw a pop-up on the screen). But ... I can't find these RTH's in the flight logs either.
chatlib.......sounds like you have had that issue too..."no RT.H logs in the flt records !....like you i have seen them ^ pop UP's ^ too !

Last edited:
My first experience with "Low Battery RTH" was when I was inexperienced and flying my Phantom 3 Pro. The low battery warning started at 30% and I ignored it to get one more shot in a meadow. Suddenly I heard the words "going home!" and it rose to its RTH height of 200 ft. and I had no control. Unfortunately, I had taken off under a canopy of trees and after rising to 10 ft had flown it out over a pond. When it did the RTH it came down through the trees to its home point and, of course, hit a tree limb and crashed, breaking the camera off. If I had known that you could abort the RTH and regain control by holding down the RTH button for 5 seconds I could have saved myself a $650 repair job.

You can cancel RTH by flicking the S1 switch OR regain control by holding down the RTH button for 5 seconds "Right" ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik