Must-Have Accessories

IMG_0611.JPG
IMG_0610.JPG
If you can post a pic of the nicks that would be helpful

OMG, that looks bad, where did you get that thing with the white dots?

Rod

All four props have nicks?
Hit something for sure.

Rod

I have been super careful to not fly near trees, is this just normal for the blades?? I am still a noob at this and just want to make sure they are ok for flight.

Which two?
I think most are going to say to change them, I can't image gravel would fly up, and if it did I think you would have heard it. Brush would do that.

Rod

Yeah not very big, me personally I wouldn't fly with them they are so cheap it's not worth the risk. The blades on my syma look wayyyy worse but I've hit just about everything under the sun with that thing lol

I decided I would not try to fly these again.
IMG_6519.JPG
:eek:
:rolleyes:
;)

Rod

Yeah I don't see taking off from gravel would throw some up I know where I live we get alot of dirt and debris flying around up in the air but that's the price you pay living in a desert lol

Reactions: Neon Euc
Hope everybody had a wonderful Cyber Monday, my friend bought a P3P from Best Buy's for $799. I have been a phantom pilot for about a year and a half. I unboxed the phantom 3p and got all the necessary updates and everything was fine, I went to update the aircraft ,downloaded the bin file and it didn't load successfully after two more tries and checking the text file on the micro SD cart the text file was incomplete and the AC Booted up with a loud beeping
From underneath the sonar sensors, before I updated the AC, The controller updated and the P3P connected and the motors armed and video was perfect. I have my own P3P and done these updates to my drone for over a year and had no problems with the success.
It will not overwrite the update, any suggestions. I have 14 days to return it to Best Buy's for a exchange, hope some one can help, I read this form all t he t Ike, your some of the best out there.Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hope everybody had a wonderful Cyber Monday, my friend bought a P3P from Best Buy's for $799. I have been a phantom pilot for about a year and a half. I unboxed the phantom 3p and got all the necessary updates and everything was fine, I went to update the aircraft ,downloaded the bin file and it didn't load successfully after two more tries and checking the text file on the micro SD cart the text file was incomplete and the AC Booted up with a loud beeping
From underneath the sonar sensors, before I updated the AC, The controller updated and the P3P connected and the motors armed and video was perfect. I have my own P3P and done these updates to my drone for over a year and had no problems with the success.
It will not overwrite the update, any suggestions. I have 14 days to return it to Best Buy's for a exchange, hope some one can help, I read this form all t he t Ike, your some of the best out there.Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Your posting in the P3S forum, somebody like me is not going to have a clue.

My first reply would be check out this link.
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Since you been a member for almost a year, I would assume you know all that stuff. You having a P3P your self knowing the routine, not sure what you can do. But since you have only five post I'm guessing that like me it took a while to find the real search.

Search Threads and Posts | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

http://www.phantompilots.com/search/20002678/?q=P3P+firmware&t=post&o=relevance&c[prefix]=2

Hope I helped.

Rod

Must-haves:

Spare propellers (should be genuine DJI)
Spare (fully charged battery) (MUST be genuine DJI)
Carrying case/bag

If you plan to drone for long periods, a QUALITY 12v to 110v inverter...I have one hardwired in my car. Basically, I wired it like this- ignition on-turns on a relay that is connected direct to battery (save for a fuse in the middle) then relay to inverter. Inverter is mounted internally to vehicle. Only use the inverter when engine is running, otherwise you'll find yourself with a dead battery in very short order. Also, ideally, keep electrical load low when inverter is on, or, manually raise engine RPM to about 1000. AC OFF!!! Heat is ok, as long as blower is set on anything but hi. Or run A/C and whatever, but keep engine above idle.

Like many on here, I was fortunate to grab a P3S at the Walmart black Friday, and now I am onto getting the must-have add-ons.

I already got the propeller guards, and wondering what other users (experienced and new) consider a must.

Still debating on the tablet and how to attach it to the controller. I have an iPad AIr with WIFI/Cellular ... but that is too bulky to mount on the controller. Some places swear by the Nvidia Shield K1 ... and am wondering if other viable options are out there.

Also, fwiw:

I use a Note 3 (verizon, i've since upgraded) this has no Sim-card so no updates (oh no not that)

The screen is plenty big. It's about 5.7 in

Thank you very much for all the replies and welcome messages. I have not flown my drone yet, still doing a lot of reading. Based on everything I've read so far, I'm concerned about 2 main 'events':

1. Drone taking off and never coming back
2. Drone crashing

Both of these could be caused by a malfunction or operator error (most likely)

As such, I've been powering the drone WITHOUT propellers and checking all the controls/settings on the controller and tablet. I must admit, it is a rather daunting task at first and I wish the controller's controls were better labeled, as opposed to sw1/sw2 with 3 positions each, and up to the operator to 'memorize' what each one does.

As for accessories I've got so far: DJI lanyard for having the controller hanging from my shoulders, an extra battery, and a DJI case from Micro Center ($95) that I could not pass-up.

Thank you very much for all the replies and welcome messages. I have not flown my drone yet, still doing a lot of reading. Based on everything I've read so far, I'm concerned about 2 main 'events':

1. Drone taking off and never coming back
2. Drone crashing

Both of these could be caused by a malfunction or operator error (most likely)

As such, I've been powering the drone WITHOUT propellers and checking all the controls/settings on the controller and tablet. I must admit, it is a rather daunting task at first and I wish the controller's controls were better labeled, as opposed to sw1/sw2 with 3 positions each, and up to the operator to 'memorize' what each one does.

As for accessories I've got so far: DJI lanyard for having the controller hanging from my shoulders, an extra battery, and a DJI case from Micro Center ($95) that I could not pass-up.

You really need to go to a wide open place, whether its a field or park and fly the Phantom. You wont get anywhere being scared its going to get damaged. I have flown my P3A five or six times and its scary as **** every time when you are 400ft in the air and a mile away, it doesnt really change but you get a feel for your quad and become more comfortable.

You really need to go to a wide open place, whether its a field or park and fly the Phantom. You wont get anywhere being scared its going to get damaged. I have flown my P3A five or six times and its scary as **** every time when you are 400ft in the air and a mile away, it doesnt really change but you get a feel for your quad and become more comfortable.
400 feet is your ceiling according to FAA rules you should not exceed 400 feet it is best to fly between two and 300 feet if you want to fly at that I high of an altitude I generally fly around 150 feet if I'm over over things and 50 to 75 feet if I'm trying to get good photos of the things on the ground

Like many on here, I was fortunate to grab a P3S at the Walmart black Friday, and now I am onto getting the must-have add-ons.

I already got the propeller guards, and wondering what other users (experienced and new) consider a must.

Still debating on the tablet and how to attach it to the controller. I have an iPad AIr with WIFI/Cellular ... but that is too bulky to mount on the controller. Some places swear by the Nvidia Shield K1 ... and am wondering if other viable options are out there.
I use that iPad mini fourth GEN and it works great

I don't agree at all.

Let's see here...

Jason starts off "Hey guys how's it hangin'?"

I got one.

Let's see what else...

The box itself
Hex drivers
Small flat and philips drivers
Electrical tape
3M double sided tape VHB
variety of glues
Goop (great stuff, better than you would think)
Small snips (spring loaded)
Wire strippers for tiny wires
small needle nose pliers (spring loaded)
thread locker
12 volt inverter
Sharpie
liquid tape
variety of zip ties
velcro - a few lengths
Scissors

and not kept in my box but on hand...

soldering iron
hot air rework station
rosin & flux
lipo safe bags
duct tape
heat shrink tubes
hot glue gun
dremel w/ various attachments

I cannot imagine flying without a field box. What's nice is if I want to go fly a half mile away or 500 miles away, I can just grab the box and I know I'm all set.

what ha
I don't agree at all.

Let's see here...

Jason starts off "Hey guys how's it hangin'?"

I got one.

Let's see what else...

The box itself
Hex drivers
Small flat and philips drivers
Electrical tape
3M double sided tape VHB
variety of glues
Goop (great stuff, better than you would think)
Small snips (spring loaded)
Wire strippers for tiny wires
small needle nose pliers (spring loaded)
thread locker
12 volt inverter
Sharpie
liquid tape
variety of zip ties
velcro - a few lengths
Scissors

and not kept in my box but on hand...

soldering iron
hot air rework station
rosin & flux
lipo safe bags
duct tape
heat shrink tubes
hot glue gun
dremel w/ various attachments

I cannot imagine flying without a field box. What's nice is if I want to go fly a half mile away or 500 miles away, I can just grab the box and I know I'm all set.

with all your dead weight, can you replace a malfunction imu in the field or at home?

If you are really in 100% safe guard mode, bring a backup UAV with you. For backup UAV , I mean exact setup of your goto UAV.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20