Moverio BT-35E on the way - Don't tell my wife!

Reaction score
Well, I bit the bullet, and purchased a pair of BT-35E glasses to replace my Avagent Glyphs for flying.
I haven't told the wife yet about the purchase, so DON'T you do it either! :)
I was wondering if there was anything I should know about these things before I go out and ruin an expensive piece of kit.
I already have BOTH the HDMI add on placed on my controller, and I fly with an Nvidia Shield K1 with the HDMI out option (which I prefer using).
So I am looking for someone else that has a pair of these things that might have some advice for me in the use of them when it comes to pairing them with this awesome bird.
Are there any quirks that I should be aware of before using them?

Reactions: BigAl07
I’m jealous. Let us know how you like them. Too bad you still have to use the cable for the P4 but still awesome. Am using the original DJI goggles for now, but looking. They work good but my bungee cord chin strap, to keep them on my head, is definitely uncool.

Reactions: BigAl07 and RonsPlc
thanks for moving this
You need to send me a picture of your wife to assist me in deciding if I will tell her or not!
NOT happening! ... not because she's hot... simply because of the fact that I AM scared of her!

I’m jealous. Let us know how you like them. Too bad you still have to use the cable for the P4 but still awesome. Am using the original DJI goggles for now, but looking. They work good but my bungee cord chin strap, to keep them on my head, is definitely uncool.
I don't think I have seen that modification... would you care to demonstrate it for us?
LOL :)

Well, the verdict is in!
Even though the day is a little bit too windy to go high, or far, I LOVE these things!
I have tried the SkyView (aka: "Box" Type) goggles. I keep these around for others to see what the bird sees while in the air.
My mainstay for the past year have been a set of Avegant Glyph goggles for flying that I have loved, (until this)!
These things blow everything I have tried to this point out of the water!

With me having BOTH the Nvidia Shield, AND the HDMI module on my controller, I like to fly with MY goggles connected to the Shield so I see ALL the flight information that shows up on my tablet while I fly.
I will use the HDMI module on the controller for a co-pilot or "passenger" connected to another FPV device so they can see JUST WHAT the bird can (or can not) see from the air, as the case may be.

(I have had some curious neighbors have come over to see if I was spying on them. But once they see what I am doing, and what I can see, (I also offer them a copy of ALL video I shoot locally) they have NO problem with me flying around the neighborhood. Some of them wave at the drone as I fly, then later ask if I noticed.)

Back to point on this...

Advantages over other FPV options...
-You CAN see your surroundings without a problem. Including the Drone without having to remove them from your face.
-The picture is CRYSTAL CLEAR!
-They are Light weight.
-They do not have an internal battery that may crap out on you at the worst moment. (You use an external power pack.)
-You are NOT limited to the OLD android system that the BT-300 glasses are. (Even though the Shield is not able to run current Android builds that I am aware of)
-You can use these anywhere there is an HDMI output available.

Disadvantages...
-Cost
-The tinted cover is a bit TOO dark for some conditions where the clear lenses are too transparent. (But they give you a clear cover that you CAN tint to somewhere in the middle yourself.)
-Some will say that they don't like being tethered by a cable, but I don't have a problem with it, as it avoids lag, and potential interference from outside sources.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4