MP4 does not play

Reaction score
I have used both MOV and MP4 - I changed to MP4 because my samsung blur ray player says that is an acceptable format. However it will not play the videos captured with my P4. Tech support for the samsung stated that maybe the wrong codec - anyone else have this problem?

Believe me you are not alone. There is a bewildering array of video 'formats' if you will (actually containers) out there and the industry just cannot get together on it. Even in a format like mp4 may mean a different codec may be needed. IE MP4 MPEG4 etc etc etc. I have run into the same things between a Windows computer samsung tablet, and Android phone.

You say blu ray player, are you burning your Phantom videos to disc? I have gotten my MP4s to play on everything including Linux but have not tried burning them I am sure someone here has though.

Believe me you are not alone. There is a bewildering array of video 'formats' if you will (actually containers) out there and the industry just cannot get together on it. Even in a format like mp4 may mean a different codec may be needed. IE MP4 MPEG4 etc etc etc. I have run into the same things between a Windows computer samsung tablet, and Android phone.

You say blu ray player, are you burning your Phantom videos to disc? I have gotten my MP4s to play on everything including Linux but have not tried burning them I am sure someone here has though.
Not burning to DVD. My DVD player has a USB input and I put the SD chip from the Phantom into a USP adaptor.

I change .mp4 on the output file to .MKV and this works for me on the pc and Samsung tv.

sent from BlackBerry Priv

I am beginning to wonder about DJI. Period. The MPEG4 (MP4) from my 3 Advanced play in most of the phones I have tried, and are jumpy in a Samsung tablet. The same tablet which plays Samsung's own 2500 x 1400 or something super duper high resolution files. They play in my Dell Precision Mobile workstation, Laptop in Windows 7 but NOT in Linux Kaffeine, MPlayer or VLC Which play other MP4 files. And they play in a desktop computer Win7.

I will be the first to admit I am no expert, but a simple a** video out of a toy airplane should not take so much work.

My point is that something capable of playing normal MP4 videos sometimes may have trouble with DJI's version of MP4.

As a test, shoot a short video in MP4 with your phone or real camera and see if it plays.

My samsung tab4 and samsung smart TV cannot play any thing over 1080p, my TV can't play 1080p at 60fps, only 30fps. My older dell laptop has a hard time playing 1080p. So I got a lenovo gammer laptop and it can play 4K very well. It's just that some of our equipment can't process all the info even if we have the right player and codecs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.