Video issues

Reaction score
I don’t get it. I have been watching Phantom 4 Pro videos on my five year old Dell laptop and my new Samsung Tab A tablet since I purchased my drone in June 2017 with no issues of any kind. That is until the last couple of weeks. I was using the built in Windows 10 video player on the laptop and the built in Samsung video player on the tablet in the original MOV format. Now, for some reason, if I can get the video to run at all on either device I am lucky and if it does run it is so jerky is isn’t usable. I have made no software changes, no fancy video editor editors, nothing. So what the hell happen? I do not see the need to download and pay for conversion app or video editors when it was working just fine without them in the first place. NOTE: The video will still play with excellent quality as long as I have the drone powered up and talking to the controller and the tablet. I simply do not understand what has changed. All help is appreciated.

I don’t get it. I have been watching Phantom 4 Pro videos on my five year old Dell laptop and my new Samsung Tab A tablet since I purchased my drone in June 2017 with no issues of any kind. That is until the last couple of weeks. I was using the built in Windows 10 video player on the laptop and the built in Samsung video player on the tablet in the original MOV format. Now, for some reason, if I can get the video to run at all on either device I am lucky and if it does run it is so jerky is isn’t usable. I have made no software changes, no fancy video editor editors, nothing. So what the hell happen? I do not see the need to download and pay for conversion app or video editors when it was working just fine without them in the first place. NOTE: The video will still play with excellent quality as long as I have the drone powered up and talking to the controller and the tablet. I simply do not understand what has changed. All help is appreciated.
Try VLC media player, it’s avaikable free for android and PC and if It can’t play smoothly think about what other changes you have made to settings/workflow.

Have you tried viewing old clips which you know for sure worked last time you played them? You may want to experiment and try taking videos in lower resolution and see if you have problem with them. My guess is something changed in your video setting from DJI GO4. Your laptop and tablet cant simply both not play your video clips which were working before.

Reactions: AndrewCCM
Hello guys. I just bought my 1st Phantom 4, and I went to try it today, I took 2 short videos, and then I played them on my Mac with QuickTime and VLC, and in both cases, the videos doesn't play right, they stop. Can someone explain what happened there. I will try again on my next flight. Im using the SD card that came installed: SanDisk Extreme 16 GB

Update from yesterday post: I just tried today again, and video was bad again. I changed settings from 4k/30fps to 1080/30fps and video is fine now. Looks like the SD card that DJI installed is not good for 4k quality. Can someone tell me a good SD for 4K. Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: AndrewCCM
Reactions: BigDinNC
Reactions: BigDinNC
Agree. I use the Extreme Pro cards with very good luck in all high bitrate cameras (drone or dSLRs). The standard Extremes can work well in most situations, but for the high bit rate cams the Pro are worth the difference if price if you can’t afford to drop a frame...IMHO of course.

I too use the 64 GB Extreme Pro card and have had no problems. Granted, I only have 80 flights total under my belt, but no problems so far. I'm flying the Phantom 4 Advanced, and absolutely love it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav