Mounting the Gear 360 Camera to a Phantom

Reaction score
I recently bought a Gear 360 Camera to play around.
Soon it was clear that it would be cool to mount it to my Phantom 4

Here is the first test video. To watch it you need a 360 enabled browser (e.g. Chrome) - and you need to put in youtube settings the resolution to 4K.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is how my setup looks:

625x465_17208648_10073840_1483716830.jpg

94d46c06ec420f5e76ad433440515cef_preview_featured.JPG

The video above was done with the shorter camera mount. As the Phantom is still pretty large in the video above, I designed a longer mount which I will test tomorrow.

As the setup is not specific to the Samsung Camera, it can get used with any other (e.g. Nikon Keymission, Kodak, etc.)

The setup I designed you can find on Shape ways
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/bgill

or on Thingiverse if you want to print it on your own 3D Printer
360 Camera Mount for DJI Phantom 4 by bgill

Last edited:
Looks like a cool setup, can't wait to see the video! Make sure your mount does not interfere with your vps. A take off pad would be easy to make but I think you will be hand catching.:)

Sorry I forgot the video Link

I start and land out of my hand. I also thought of a takeoff pad, but then you always need to carry it with you.

Reactions: dougsteph
This has potential, can you run this video (with software of course) to view with VR goggles and look around?

Yes, if you have a Smartphone and Google cardboard glasses, you can even watch that video in your VR glasses. You just click on the glasses icon in the youtube browser.
For sure it also works with all the other frames you can get. So no additional software needed.

have a P3P version of it for the LG 360?
I don't have a P3P, but if you sent me the diameter from the bottom bars of the Landing gear and the distance (Midpoint to Midpoint) I can adjust the design of the Payload Bridge.

Reactions: Strat
I don't have a P3P, but if you sent me the diameter from the bottom bars of the Landing gear and the distance (Midpoint to Midpoint) I can adjust the design of the Payload Bridge.

my P3P in for repair again once i get it back will try measure this up.. unless someone else does it?

@Jake Deer where did you get the mount with the rubbers

In
I recently bought a Gear 360 Camera to play around.
Soon it was clear that it would be cool to mount it to my Phantom 4

Here is the first test video. To watch it you need a 360 enabled browser (e.g. Chrome) - and you need to put in youtube settings the resolution to 4K.

This is how my setup looks:

625x465_17208648_10073840_1483716830.jpg

94d46c06ec420f5e76ad433440515cef_preview_featured.JPG

The video above was done with the shorter camera mount. As the Phantom is still pretty large in the video above, I designed a longer mount which I will test tomorrow.

As the setup is not specific to the Samsung Camera, it can get used with any other (e.g. Nikon Keymission, Kodak, etc.)

The setup I designed you can find on Shape ways
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/bgill

or on Thingiverse if you want to print it on your own 3D Printer
360 Camera Mount for DJI Phantom 4 by bgill
Interestingly i.ve found the gear 360 doesn.t seem to need stablizing at all to vibrations as the stitching software (action director) seems to do a good job of stabilizing. So u might find u can get rid of all the rubber dampener gear and the video looks the same

What does get nauseating is fast movement in one direction. As the viewer will experience this as motion

Purhcase my LG 360 last week haven't had time to mod up a mount yet.. Got it on ebay at auction for about $55USD steal! :D

@berndgill any chance to make a P3 version ?

Reactions: Jake Deer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic