Mounting fireworks to P3 Pro ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried mounting fireworks to your Phantom --- such as Roman candles?

I seen YouTube videos like this and it seems really fun, and with July 4th coming up soon I'd like to try it myself on my P3P. However, I'm worried about hot sparks being wind-swept into the camera lens? This could do serious damage.

A safer idea would be to hang fireworks on a string (ie, lady-finger firecrackers) and tie it to the Phantom. However, this would cause a load imbalance and make one or two motors work a lot harder and possibly cause overload and shutdown, right?

YouTube???

Are you in the USA?
The FAA allows items to be dropped from aircraft with reasonable precautions taken to ensure the safety of persons and property on the ground.

Fireworks pose numerous safety threats and is flirting with State and Federal regulations of other sorts depending on your location.

I hope you are not trolling for sensationalism as this cannot be condoned at face value.

You bought a flying camera platform and its use outside this may expose you to significant liability.

Are you in the USA?
The FAA allows items to be dropped from aircraft with reasonable precautions taken to ensure the safety of persons and property on the ground

Yeah I am in the USA --- but where does it say the FAA allows objects to be dropped from a drone? I thought that was prohibited?

What you think is irrelevant.

I said aircraft not drone.

You need to research the subject before attempting such foolishness.

The burden is on you to to educate yourself.

Your worth-risk assessment comments above do not bode well for your judgement.

You need to research the subject before attempting such foolishness.

The burden is on you to to educate yourself.

No, the burden is on YOU if you are making trifle statements in here about FAA regs you dont seem all that familiar with.

There is no "foolishness" involved --- I am a highly experienced drone pilot that could fly circles around you. Attaching a Roman candle to a drone is a fun idea and all it takes is some simple precautions to enjoy safely.

Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill.

unnamed (1).jpg

I think you are a ******* for even thinking about doing something so stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pomonabill220
No, the burden is on YOU if you are making trifle statements in here about FAA regs you dont seem all that familiar with.

I see you are skeptical. This is good and it's what I teach my kids.
So now take some initiative and responsibility to educate yourself and prove me wrong.

I've been here for years and while I'm not waiting for you to do so I'll likely be here should you care to admit you were wrong.

There is no "foolishness" involved --- I am a highly experienced drone pilot that could fly circles around you.

Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill.
Wow...we are full of ourselves, aren't we. Nothing to learn here.

Reactions: pomonabill220
Has anyone tried mounting fireworks to your Phantom --- such as Roman candles?

I seen YouTube videos like this and it seems really fun, and with July 4th coming up soon I'd like to try it myself on my P3P. However, I'm worried about hot sparks being wind-swept into the camera lens? This could do serious damage.

A safer idea would be to hang fireworks on a string (ie, lady-finger firecrackers) and tie it to the Phantom. However, this would cause a load imbalance and make one or two motors work a lot harder and possibly cause overload and shutdown, right?
At least under Part 107 (paragraph 107.36) UAV's cannot be used to carry 'Hazardous Material'. Willing to bet that fireworks would be included in that category!

Yeah I am in the USA --- but where does it say the FAA allows objects to be dropped from a drone? I thought that was prohibited?
Again under Part 107, paragraph 107.23 prohibits dropping anything from a UAV that would present a hazard to those on the ground. It specifically states that it doesn't actually prohibit dropping items and that the restrictions mirror the language in 91.15 for manned aircraft

Again under Part 107, paragraph 107.23 prohibits dropping anything from a UAV that would present a hazard to those on the ground. It specifically states that it doesn't actually prohibit dropping items and that the restrictions mirror the language in 91.15 for manned aircraft

So how does one exactly define item that "presents a hazard to those on the ground" ??

In just about every state, fireworks are sold legally -- so I dont see why it would suddenly become illegal to fire them or drop them from a drone. Of course, deliberately dropping them onto people from a drone would be a no-no, just the same as walking up to somebody and shooting a Roman Candle in their face at point blank range :eek:

So how does one exactly define item that "presents a hazard to those on the ground" ??

In just about every state, fireworks are sold legally -- so I dont see why it would suddenly become illegal to fire them or drop them from a drone. Of course, deliberately dropping them onto people from a drone would be a no-no, just the same as walking up to somebody and shooting a Roman Candle in their face at point blank range :eek:
Doesn't matter that purchasing fireworks may be legal, carrying them on an aircraft comes under federal juristiction. Fireworks are Class C explosives and as such are prohibited.

and this is why i haven't visited this site in a long time. the kid asked a question albeit immature, he gets sarcasm and insults instead of quality suggestions. such as:
no bro. i've never thought attaching fireworks to my drone would be a good idea. it does look cool in the video but it could be a seriously dangerous activity not to mention burning your drone. if you do plan on doing that make sure you are far away from flamable materials like trees dry grass leaves or houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl