Motors won't start

Reaction score
After 3 weeks with my Phantom, my motors will not start. I've sent it so Aces Deals for service and they say they cannot fix it. They have tried a new compass, new gps, new batteries, checked all updates, recalibrated, etc. The only thing they have not yet tried is replacing the main board only because they have about 6 hours into trying to figure this out and if they spend any more time, it will cost me more to fix it than just buy a new one. Another option is corrupt firmware but they say only DJI can fix that. Really?

So what I have now is a boat anchor. It can be send back to DJI but if that takes 8 weeks, I loose most of the season that I can use this for my business.

Any ideas guys? Part it out and buy a Phantom 3?

What does it do when you turn it on?
Get any lights, ect? Please be a little more specific, so we can better understand your situation, can you hook to wifi, are you getting GPS lock? Or does everything work, but when you try to start motors CSC does not work?
Thanks!

J Dot

Ps: P3p or P3a would be a nice addition to anyone! You could always use a backup unit! Lol, just sayin'!

Take care, fly safe!

I don't have it in my posession at the moment but as I understand, it gets GPS lock but flashes red when trying to start the motors.

After 3 weeks with my Phantom, my motors will not start. I've sent it so Aces Deals for service and they say they cannot fix it. They have tried a new compass, new gps, new batteries, checked all updates, recalibrated, etc. The only thing they have not yet tried is replacing the main board only because they have about 6 hours into trying to figure this out and if they spend any more time, it will cost me more to fix it than just buy a new one. Another option is corrupt firmware but they say only DJI can fix that. Really?

So what I have now is a boat anchor. It can be send back to DJI but if that takes 8 weeks, I loose most of the season that I can use this for my business.

Any ideas guys? Part it out and buy a Phantom 3?
DO NOT BUY A PHANTOM 3 AT THIS TIME - read about problems. Let the bugs get worked out. In my opinion, the P2V+Version 3 is about the most stable platform because of all of the "fixes" they did to it. No "fixes" have been applied to the Phantom 3 yet (or Inspire) - but there will be fixes. Wait for them to happen before stepping up. Take the hit and but a new one - the prices are pretty low - you do not need anything but the bird and camera - maybe $800.

Here is what they did: "ESC's, reciever, motors checked and rechecked. They were also switched out to test. Suspicion is probably needs a new main board but board tested well from what I understand."

There is a way to
( Hard reset ) the mc. Wipes the firmware clean ( version 0.00 )
Then you hook to PC assistant, it will load newest firmware or go to another site for older firmware versions. Either way it gives you a fresh update, see if that works first, if not, spend the $70 get a new board!

To HARD RESET:
You must open the phantom
Locate naza m flight controller ( FC )
We are looking for ( F1 & F2 ) we need BOTTOM 2 pins
You need to put a jumper across these 2 pins ( take apart a servo style plug wire ) makes a great jumper cable
Once pins are shorted with jumper, power on phantom, should get red lights, with beep beep beep.
Hook to PC ASSISTANT, run upgrade, turn off phantom
Unplug jumper wire from naza
Turn on phantom again, (( still hooked to assistant ) you should have newest firmware, if this does not work, try a new board!

J dot

There is a way to
( Hard reset ) the mc. Wipes the firmware clean ( version 0.00 )
Then you hook to PC assistant, it will load newest firmware or go to another site for older firmware versions. Either way it gives you a fresh update, see if that works first, if not, spend the $70 get a new board!

To HARD RESET:
You must open the phantom
Locate naza m flight controller ( FC )
We are looking for ( F1 & F2 ) we need BOTTOM 2 pins
You need to put a jumper across these 2 pins ( take apart a servo style plug wire ) makes a great jumper cable
Once pins are shorted with jumper, power on phantom, should get red lights, with beep beep beep.
Hook to PC ASSISTANT, run upgrade, turn off phantom
Unplug jumper wire from naza
Turn on phantom again, (( still hooked to assistant ) you should have newest firmware, if this does not work, try a new board!

J dot
+1
There is a youtube link.
Try here..
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/hard-resetting-the-phantom-2-naza-firmware.39177/

Then download the phantom assist from www.droneslinger.com
Disconnect from the net (stops the latest firmware detection I believe).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31