Motor failure after changing phantom 4 pro v2 body

Reaction score
Hi all
Recently my phantom 4 pro v2 met a crash. After that i changed complete body, yaw motor and landing gears.
After changing all things i did 10-15 test flights.
In between these test flights drone fell on its own twice.
Once i saw motor failure written on top left.
Both esc boards and all 4 motors are visibaly fine.
I downgraded and upgraded firmware twice.
No error is shown in flight logs.
Please help

Hi all
Recently my phantom 4 pro v2 met a crash. After that i changed complete body, yaw motor and landing gears.
Please help
I just finished repairing one that someone tried to fix. All of the motors looked fine. Upon closer inspection the person who attempted the repair tightened the three motor screws in to tight on two of them which In turn broke some of the windings inside the motor. You should always ohm out the wires in the motors to make sure you have continuity between all three wires. When you changed the upper shell did you unsolder the wires or did you cut them?

Hi all
Please help
I would look at your solder on motor to esc maybe even reflash the solder on anything that look even slightly off

I just finished repairing one that someone tried to fix. All of the motors looked fine. Upon closer inspection the person who attempted the repair tightened the three motor screws in to tight on two of them which In turn broke some of the windings inside the motor. You should always ohm out the wires in the motors to make sure you have continuity between all three wires. When you changed the upper shell did you unsolder the wires or did you cut them?
I recently tried to rebuild a p4p and think I may have damaged the motors by installing the mounting bolts without first fitting the lower shell. My eyesight isn't good enough to see inside the mounting bolt holes but I definitely wound them in and tightened them which I'm thinking damaged the windings. I have tested it and I'm getting an ESC error. Should I go ahead and replace all 4 motors?

I recently tried to rebuild a p4p and think I may have damaged the motors by installing the mounting bolts without first fitting the lower shell. My eyesight isn't good enough to see inside the mounting bolt holes but I definitely wound them in and tightened them which I'm thinking damaged the windings. I have tested it and I'm getting an ESC error. Should I go ahead and replace all 4 motors?
Best thing to do at that point is to ohm out all of the windings to make sure you have continuity.

Reactions: roadblock
Hi all
Found 1 motor with some debris in coil . Replaced that motor , drone is in sky again . Thanks all
Sounds like you got it . I am glad to see you knew enough to solder the wires correctly. I get a lot of these where they tried to splice the wires.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers