Reaction score
Im sure im not alone in being obsessed with my equipment (the drone )Surfing amazon for attachments 24-7 like we just fathered a Phantom...but in this below freezing midwest weather,Im learning how important the actual PILOT is!Like along with advice regarding upgrades I wish someone reminded me what happens to the HUMAN BEING in these temperatures.My hat goes off to those catching great winter footage..But it would've been awesome if you guys reminded us noobs about frostbite and runny noses!

But it would've been awesome if you guys reminded us noobs about frostbite and runny noses!
theshining-1427212867.gif
;)

Same rules applies to all winter activities, don't freez! With drones keep your battery warm, if it's real cold don't putter arround, fly hard to draw high amps and your battery will gain temp. Dont nose drip on your RC, get electric (battery) heated gloves and go have fun.

Reactions: Sunnaroe
We finally got some snow and I went out this morning to get some winter shots. I decided to try flying from inside the house which worked pretty well (I didn't go too far and was up at about 200'). I thought I got some pretty good stuff and when I went to stop the recording I realized I never started it!

I did notice there was a "slow sd card" indicator so I swapped it out and started again, this time I was outside in a hoodie. Got some shots and a runny nose. My fingers are still a little tingly.

I thought about using gloves but I don't have anything thin enough to keep me warm and manipulate the controls. I saw one really neat "jacket" for the RC that had little muffs for your hands to go in. That looked pretty cool but I think I'm going to try and find a pair of high quality thin gloves.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Sunnaroe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.