More channels hack

Ok, but that is exactly what I did. Or can you explain what you mean.

I did set the router to channel 1. It mapped to DJI channel 13.
I did set the router to channel 13. It mapped to DJI channel 19.

Do you have a link to the FCC document you are referring to?
And why do you assume that channel 1 in the FCC doc is the same as the DJI channel 1 in the Pilot app?

His link is further up.

I basically did your test as well as that seems like logical method.

I have three routers in the house. I disabled wireless on two of them at a time as things were too messy otherwise. I had to distance myself from the router I was testing as the signal was so strong on the DJI app I really could not tell. Please note I am not running the hacked version so just have the standard app.

I tested on two routers.

Phantom Channel 13 mapped to the Standard WiFi #1.
Phantom Channel 16 mapped to standard channel 6
Phantom channel 18 or 19 (hard to tell) mapped to standard channel 11.

This was duplicated on two routers. It would be hard to call on the channel 18 or 19 thing as they somewhat alternated back and forth.

So it seems that the DJI channels 13 -20 on stock app are using the regular 1-11 WiFi channels available in the US.

This explains my previous question how DJI sells a product in the US that uses Wifi 12 (2.467) through WiFi 14 (2.484). It appears they don't.

Now after seeing this I need to go back and look at Johns chart.

Reactions: snerd and tcope
Ok, but that is exactly what I did. Or can you explain what you mean.

I did set the router to channel 1. It mapped to DJI channel 13.
I did set the router to channel 13. It mapped to DJI channel 19.

Do you have a link to the FCC document you are referring to?
And why do you assume that channel 1 in the FCC doc is the same as the DJI channel 1 in the Pilot app?

I posted the link somewhere in this monstrous thread.

The FCC report was for the DJi Lightbridge transceiver, which is what is in the P3 controller.

You bring up a good point, how are the app channels numbered...?

I posted the link somewhere in this monstrous thread.

The FCC report was for the DJi Lightbridge transceiver, which is what is in the P3 controller.

You bring up a good point, how are the app channels numbered...?

Well that's a reasonable assumption, but there is a unique FCC report for the P3s.

Here's the one for the Pro:

https://fccid.io/SS3-WM3231503

It will clear a few things up I believe.

That could be interesting, however, i guess you have to measure at the copter antenna since this is about the video feed FROM the copter.

So if you install the hack, select channel 1 in the app, power on the copter so you can see the video feed in the app, then you should be able to measure something around 2,3 GHz at the copter side (if my theory holds). Note that there are two antennas in the copter too, one in each leg.

That's what I did.

Fyi, this does use 2.4ghz spectrum but it's not wifi. I thought people understood this.

Reactions: 43k
Fyi, this does use 2.4ghz spectrum but it's not wifi. I thought people understood this.

The protocol is not WiFi, but the frequency spectrum is still in WiFi segment. Correct?

If it was "WiFi" we would see the Phantom on our networks which we don't.

It appears this is close to how it lays out.
stock.jpg

Very close.

According to the P3 Pro FCC report:
#1- 2406.5 then 10MHz intervals to #8- 2476.5MHz

The tests were perfomed on #s1, 4, & 8 (L - M - H)

I use # loosely to match the FCC report.

In June I analyzed my RC I was a bit astonished to found that only one antenna is used in tx. More I found that RC receive in DSSS modulation, but transmits in FHSS. It has 8ms delay for hopping channel (dwelling) and for change mod. Now looking at FCC docs it seems true...it is half duplex. Command have minimum resolution of 8ms.

Reactions: N017RW
The protocol is not WiFi, but the frequency spectrum is still in WiFi segment. Correct?

If it was "WiFi" we would see the Phantom on our networks which we don't.

It appears this is close to how it lays out.
View attachment 26896

Correct but those are wifi standard channels. DJI channels will not match the same.

Same spectrum but two different protocols.

No need. The FCC reports contain all you need to know.
Besides, it's an assumption that the LB proper is the same as the P3 link. For one thing the P3 uses 4 antennas on the airborne side while the LB proper is just two.

Yes, it is not Wifi, but some of the DJi channels intrude on the WiFi band.

That spectrum analyzer report and the chart above corroborates what 43k saw and what I just experienced while changing my router frequencies. Only DJi channels 13 through 20 were effected, because those 8 DJi channels reside in the WiFi band.

So, choose any channel other than those 8 and you should see less interference from WiFi sources since DJi channels 1 - 12 and 21 - 32 are outside the WiFi band.

Last edited:
Disregard any of my charts, they are incorrect.

In June I analyzed my RC I was a bit astonished to found that only one antenna is used in tx. More I found that RC receive in DSSS modulation, but transmits in FHSS. It has 8ms delay for hopping channel (dwelling) and for change mod. Now looking at FCC docs it seems true...it is half duplex. Command have minimum resolution of 8ms.

Yup. +1

This is why many want to run this hack. It gets you out of the congested part of the band and allows you to operate in much less noise.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Next question...is DJi channel 21 aligned with the dreaded WiFi channel 14? If you remember back a couple of pages, prison time was mentioned if you use 'Channel 14'.....ooooh!

Next question...is DJi channel 21 aligned with the dreaded WiFi channel 14? If you remember back a couple of pages, prison time was mentioned if you use 'Channel 14'.....ooooh!
Don't laugh it off too soon............................. they're killing daily over traffic stops!

Yes, it is not Wifi, but some of the DJi channels intrude on the WiFi band.

That spectrum analyzer report and the chart above corroborates what 43k saw and what I just experienced while changing my router frequencies. Only DJi channels 13 through 20 were effected, because those 8 DJi channels reside in the WiFi band.

So, choose any channel other than those 8 and you should see less interference from WiFi sources since DJi channels 1 - 12 and 21 - 32 are outside the WiFi band.
Do you know if this problem is the same for europeans? I mean the 8 channels within the regular wifi band, does that count for europe as well?

Do you know if this problem is the same for europeans? I mean the 8 channels within the regular wifi band, does that count for europe as well?

ISM, etc., is an international standard though some channels or portions maybe restricted or have different power specs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers