MOGO Goggles?

Reaction score
Anyone try these out yet? They were a crowd sourced project awhile back and everyone seems to love them. I have had a pair on order for a couple of weeks from Amazon...eagerly waiting to try them out.

Basically, they are goggles that project the full screen to each eye...thereby allowing any application to be viewed through them.

MOGO VR - Virtual Reality Headset For iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, iOS & Android Smartphones,The Only VR Glasses / Goggles with Zero Side Effect(2D) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07572H4ZV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_IVQvAb0QVMST0

Figured I’d give them a shot...

Andrew

Reactions: Matsui
I an having trouble working out how they are different to mine
1515637571756.png
1515637576727.png

If I am missing something I would love to know as they look nice

MUCH different... https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...tic-experience-2d-video-ar-drone-smartphone#/

It isn’t a split screen low res display that requires special apps that support VR/3D. This is full res to both eyes, any app works (i.e., you can watch movies, YouTube, Netflix, etc) but does not support 3D (which I have no interest in). Specially patented lens design. Worth a shot. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc
These are not VR goggles in reality as they don't split the screen to two halves, one for each eye. Thus you can't view any VR video on them. However they seem to be excellent solution for fpv for drones. I don't have them so don't know the quality of them. I am surprised that they could design optics to keep the depth of the goggles so small. Someone has to try and give feedback.

I'm tempted to buy one. If these goggles work as advertised, they would be the best tethered goggles for drones. You would be able to connect through USB directly with GO app installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: AndrewCCM
@Neon: these are not VR goggles, they are like improved version of HeadPlay goggles.

MUCH different... https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...tic-experience-2d-video-ar-drone-smartphone#/

It isn’t a split screen low res display that requires special apps that support VR/3D. This is full res to both eyes, any app works (i.e., you can watch movies, YouTube, Netflix, etc) but does not support 3D (which I have no interest in). Specially patented lens design. Worth a shot. I’ll let you know how it goes.
Awesome. Def keep me updated as they seem much better then my crappy pair lol

“Patiently waiting” too.. I ordered it 2 weeks ago and paid overnight delivery from Amazon. They neglected to say it wouldn’t ship for 15days even though it said “in stock”. LOL

“Patiently waiting” too.. I ordered it 2 weeks ago and paid overnight delivery from Amazon. They neglected to say it wouldn’t ship for 15days even though it said “in stock”. LOL

Something fishy somewhere.

Something fishy somewhere.

No. Not fishy. Amazon just didn’t have their inventory correct. I just received them. Won’t have time to use them for flying anytime soon (weather). However, I did try them out for a few minutes for watching HBO, YouTube, etc. Gotta say.. They’re actually quite useable. There are a few things that I don’t particularly care for, and I think each person may feel differently depending on the size/shape of their head and face. The image is very clear for about 80% of the center and it gradually distorts a bit as you reach the edges. I still find it very good and can see the DJI app working quite well.

They collapse for transport so the plastic/build quality seems a bit cheap, but not terrible. For me, the head straps are almost too short to get it on comfortably and the nose piece is not very comfortable due to the weight of my iPhone 7+ in its case. The nose piece could stand to be bigger and more padded for sure.

All in all, if you don’t have an HDMI out and don’t want to spend money for active goggles, these should actually fit the bill quite well for FPV. I would suggest getting from Amazon instead of their site so that you have the ability to easily send back. I would say it’s definitely worth trying for sure.

I’ll try and give a more thorough review later when I have time. Off to HS sporting event with son.

Andrew

Spoke too soon. Apparently, Amazon sent me the version 1 of these (NOT Version 1.b Premium that was described). Thus, the discomfort and such. I sorta feel bait and switched. I am sending back and demanding the newest version (which it was supposed to be according the Q&A from the SELLER themselves). Not too happy. All said though, if they were comfortable (i.e., I was sent the right pair), I think they would be a keeper for sure. Why does everything have to be a PITA? Sigh

Thanks for the feedback. Do they have not collapsible model? I m sure that affects the screen to eye distance every time you open it up and would give rise to deformed picture quality.

I said fishy cause Amazon is promising for one day delivery.

Thanks for the feedback. Do they have not collapsible model? I m sure that affects the screen to eye distance every time you open it up and would give rise to deformed picture quality.

I said fishy cause Amazon is promising for one day delivery.

Sadly, as of late, Amazon has missed their one-day delivery with me several times. Can't count how often I have to contact them and they give me the "We apologize, we'll either credit you $10 or extend your Prime membership by a month). At this rate, I'll never need to renew. LOL

Yes, they are collapsable. The sides lock into place and it's same distance, not deformed. I received a response from Mogo Cinema this morning that they are looking into my problem. As far as the device itself... Other than 2 issues (uncomfortable nose piece/size of headstraps and distortion as you look towards the edges), I am generally please with it. I do think it will work well for my intended purposes. Worst case, I'll give it to my son...He thought it was very cool and it fit him fine. He did mention that they were nothing like real VR goggles, but VR goggles with active screens do not allow the same functionality as this device. All in all, they are different use cases. This is basically a way to view your phone up close and shaded. I'll take it outside today now that the sun came out and launch the DJI app... Probably wont be able to fly, but it'll give me a good sense of what it'll look like while flying. I am almost certain it'll be a better experience than trying to view my ipad (even with sunshade).

Take care,

Andrew

Kids will definitely like the product as they don’t look for side distortions. I’m not sure if fixed lenses as used in mogo can good results for all [emoji102] with different eye to eye distances

Finally got word from MOGO. Apparently, I do have the 1.b version. They gave me some recommendations to make it more comfortable on my nose. Unfortunately, the head straps are just too snug/small for my average sized head...LOL. I do still think I’ll keep them as they will most definitely be usable. I had fully intended on testing them out with a decent flight this weekend, but alas... we have 20mph+ winds with 35+ gusts today (and I think tomorrow) here in Dallas/Fort Worth. Disappointed as I wanted to have my son be able to test out his new Hubsan 501s too. Beautiful outside, just windy!

Well, I took the chance and ordered a pair.

I did a flight with them yesterday evening and all I can say is WOW! Impressed, mine fits comfortably and it is easy to use the touch screen, just takes a few minutes to get used to it. I flew with them from take-off and removed them just before touching down, as it was not easy to judge the height from the ground during landing. I opened the side orientation windows and not once did I have a problem viewing the screen due to light from the side. You can easily fly in bright sunlight and always see the screen clearly, no glare what so ever.

Used mine for the first time (flying) yesterday. Worked pretty well. I wish my far-sightedness was a bit better as my eyes strained a bit to see completely clearly without glasses. However, I think it’s a nice tool to have in the bag...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers