MOGO Goggles?

Sounds like the mogo headset is just what I'm looking for. I've looked around online and can only see a used pair for sale on amazon

OK, haven't flown with them yet but did watch a flight I'd previously recorded, and it was great. Tried with three different phones: Nexus 6, Galaxy Note 4 edge and a HTC One M7. The Nexus 6 was too big, the Galaxy Note 4 provided the widest view at 5.5" but the screen edges were distorted, however the HTC One was just right. You might think that the 4.7" screen size of HTC would be too small but you would be wrong; the lenses magnify the screen and at this size there is no distortion at the edges. I use reading glasses and had no trouble mounting them, just mount them before you put on the headset. What's really nice about this kit is that the bottom is somewhat open so you still have access to the screen for app input. I'v also modified a QUANUM FPV GOGGLES V2 (which can only be found on eBay at this point) to accept cell phones and this setup is very comfortable, more comfortable than the MoGo's. Here there is no access to the screen so I use an android Bluetooth mouse which is sort of workable, a little slower and less controllable than a finger. Some suggestions: don't use a phone than has an actual home button like the Samsung Galaxy series or iPhone, I've found this easily gets depressed while moving the phone around and you're back at your home screen rather than the DJI Go app. I like the HTC One M7, M8, M9 series where the screen is 4.4" to 5" and the home button is "on screen". I have succeeded 3D FPV viewing in flight with a Phantom 2 GoPro setup and I find 2D superior. As soon as the sun breaks I'll be trying the MoGo's with my new Spark.

Reactions: AndrewCCM
Hello Folks,

My name is Arthur and I am founder of Cinema2Go company that designed and manufacturing MOGO – Movie on the Go. The idea came-up 4 years ago after trying Oculus first time and experiencing wow 3D virtual reality with significant drawback – pixilation. For any wide aspect ratio (16:9) 2D content the VR approach is waste of at least 75% of pixels and solution was to build MOGO based on very strong prismatic lenses allowing to see full screen by each eye while eyes are relaxed with x6 magnification. In that way all pixels of display are in use and we getting immersive display of high sharpness for 2D contents. The main challenge was to manufacture the MOGO lenses in cost effective way (injection molding) because of their thickness. It took a lot of efforts, money and time and we developed know-how and now starting manufacturing the lenses in mass production process.

Even though we did best effort to design the MOGO ergonomics to be comfortable we are still collecting inputs for further improvements and your feedbacks are very important to improve the product. One of the feedbacks is short central strap for big heads and this issue will be addressed. Other issue is pressure on the nose – this is resolved by tightening up the central front strap after all other straps are already regulated – this process lifting-up the most distant part of mask with heavy smartphone, while soft face interface is axis of rotation and pressure from the nose goes off.

Advice for people using vision correction. First, you need to use “single vision eyeware for far distance”, not multifocal, not computer glasses and not reading glasses. The reason is that MOGO lenses taking the display into infinity to release the eyes accommodation. The computer glasses will result in activation of accommodation and reading glasses even more. Multifocal glasses will make eyes relaxed while watching upper part of screen but accommodated for lower part. As for ergonomics – if spectacles are not too big – just release maximally the side straps before mask wearing and tight to needed strength after mask is on. If the glasses are too big and there is contention between the temples and face interface, use this trick to get temples outside:
, works well with rigid temples.

Regarding the optics – there is a greatest challenge in Biocular magnifiers (prismatic lenses) to make immersive field of view, relaxed eyes and absence of distortions and aberrations. There is a tradeoff and we designed optics for maximal magnification (immersion) + maximal eyes relaxation (lenses prismatic power) + maximal sharpness in the central field-of-view on account of chromatic aberrations and geometrical distortions that part of you mentioned on the wide screens sides. The other vendors solutions using off-the-shelf lenses from jewelry loops that provide better peripheral picture quality (almost no distortions and aberrations) on account of less magnification and eyes strain (eyes convergence is not in comfort zone for HMDs – in jewelry loops the lenses are distant ~4cm from the eyes). Since the drones piloting with the MOGO was one of our main considerations we selected our approach because pilot/photographer is always taking the camera to the scene center while peripheral area is used for scene peripheral awareness. It is correct that for off-line watching of the movies on large smartphone you will notice the distorted edges, however, during the drone piloting/photography process most of you will just ignore that, while the x6 magnification allows to recognize the small footage details.

Saying above, we continue our R&D process in improvement of the MOGO optics. Your feedbacks are very valuable for us, we will do our best to fix drawbacks in our R&D roadmap. Would be happy to answer your questions/resolve issues here or in private: [email protected] . More info resources will be available soon, follow-us: www.cinema2go.biz , Security Check Required , Security Check Required

Reactions: AndrewCCM

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie