metric to standard on goggles

Reaction score
Hello all;

My remote (advanced with the built in screen) shows my distance and height in standard units (miles/feet).

I hook my goggles to it, and it displays in metric units (kilometers, meters)

How do I get it to display standard units like my remote? I thought it would automatically switch since the remote is set...

The world uses metric units and they are "standard". Sorry to say miles and feet are oddball units. :(
Sorry I cannot answer about switching units.

I wasn't really looking for a lesson on world measurement standards.
I am in American, so my units of measurements are in miles and feet all my life.
I bought my drone in America.
Ergo, my American drone and remote report information to me in miles and feet on the screen.

When I hook my goggles to that same remote, they display units metrically.
Since it receives its information from the remote, there is a translation happening somewhere that I did not request.
I am trying to rectify that translation.
I don't want to do math calculations every time I fly.

Sorry I guess I'm just another uncivilized American...

Reactions: Shoot4fun
Sorry for being a wise guy. Did a word search through the Goggle manual and there was no hit for the word "units". As you pointed out I would have expected the units to be what ever was set in the GO4 app before transferring the connection to the goggles.

Same problem. Trying to get more used to conversions. It's a pain with the goggles. Seems like a simple update, but they haven't done it by now or told us how. Anybody else figure it out? The GO app on the goggles is pre-installed, and overrides your screen. We just need a units setting on them. Stupid. I'm an American!

Done venting. Still like them when feel like real flying. Goggles flight, from liftoff to landing, is truely a unique experience. Still learning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shoot4fun and MTO
Does the DJI Go inside the goggles have any settings that you can change? I find it strange that you aren't allowed to change from metric to imperial?

You can change your flight control settings. Like having the gimbal follow your head tilt, or the drone follow your head movements. I need to read up.

Last edited:
The world uses metric units and they are "standard". Sorry to say miles and feet are oddball units.
p7rri0trqbpy.jpg

Reactions: Shoot4fun and Ansia
Phantom 3 Adv here with GL300C controller and DJI goggles via HDMI cable.
I have just checked and my goggles display the units being displayed on the view screen attached to the controller and change if I switch measurement systems on the controller

Reactions: Capt KO
Phantom 3 Adv here with GL300C controller and DJI goggles via HDMI cable.
I have just checked and my goggles display the units being displayed on the view screen attached to the controller and change if I switch measurement systems on the controller

Is there something that you do to make it change or is it automatic? I have miles and feet on the screen and kilometer and meters in the goggles.

Absolutely nothing....that I know of... so presumably automatic.

Ran4,
I just realized that we are both talking about the 300E remote. Our screen disappears while the goggles are turned on. I have not tried it with my standard remotes, I think that's the problem.

go into settings on the goggles and scroll down past the last item

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31