Meetups Meetups Meetups

Reaction score
Yesterday a buddy and I were flying our quadcopter (P2 with GoPro) at a park near the Berkeley (California) marina. I think it's called Chaves Park, which is a former city dump site by the bay.

Some individuals with a variety of multirotor drones started to arrive who had thought that we were meeting with them! I knew nothing about their meeting!

It turned out the group of perhaps a dozen or so fellow drone hobbyests had informally planned to meet through meetup.com, a website that helps to organize others with similar interest.

I don't know the geographic scope and availability using meetup.com is--California, USA, Canada, Europe, or beyond?--but its a tool some of use might want to use for quick, easy to organize meetups.

It was fun meeting others and seeing their machines--many were homemade, some were DJI products, including two-six prop model, one was a 3D model, and so on. I had some problems controlling my machine, but I don't know it was due to the very breezy conditions, RFI, or both.

That said, I did not see many drones flying. There was high RF interference and one person nearly lost his drone, which wasn't a Phantom, by the way.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl