Phantom 4 Pro - rebuilt - have and need spare parts

Reaction score
Greetings!
Chris here, in the LA area of California, USA.

I've just completed (well, almost completed) a rebuild of a P4P from one splashed and one crashed drone, and have found that in both samples a piece of the gimbal connection control system is missing.

This is a question for repair people or DIY (re)builders:

The piece in question provides the pin contact between the main gimbal flex cable (just inside the body, attached to the anti-shock mount) to some other system I can't readily identify.

It comprises a small rectangular circuit board with a linear socket that takes the tiny part of the flat gimbal flex cable
(going from the two main flat plugs inside the body towards the camera end, it's the first small branch of cable with its own little branch and a connector that takes 3 lines, it looks like)
and has three round copper contact points that look like they're meant to make contact with another part of the gimbal system via three sprung contact pins.

The board itself mounts on top of the anti-vibration mount and is secured to the fop of the vibration mount by an L plate and three more screws (L bracket and screws also missing).
That's all under the yellow teflon tape when first one disassembles the gimbal vibration mount area, the L bracket also holding in the main flex cable just before the twin sockets that terminate the body end of the flex cable.

In both of my crashed drones, the gimbals were broken off and the flat cables torn away.
It was only after I replaced the flat cable into the main body that I noticed (from the end of the little arm in the main flex cable that was connected to nothing), that perhaps something was missing.

It's not there in some versions of the P4/P, apparently, but in mine, it was present and also shown in a couple of the DIY videos (but the person making those videos didn't ID what the board did either - "connection plate" was mentioned - but the missing piece itself, and the L bracket that secures it, were fairly well covered in the video - see attached screen grabs 1-6).

Probably this part is just make the contact with the gimbal control, since my GO 4 tells me "gimbal detached".

Anybody know A) what that thing is called? and B) who has one spare? I'm looking for the board itself, the L plate and the screws.

No joy online thus far, and so I think a fellow builder or indie parts supplier might be the solution to this particular head-scratcher.

I have many (at least one drone's worth) P4P spares to trade or whatever, if others are interested. Or can Paypal etc., per our board here.

Is there some kind of cache/store/community sharing place for these kinds of bits and bobs?

Thanks! and Happy Holidays!
Chris

Attachments

• P4P piece 1.JPG
    P4P piece 1.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 214
  • P4P piece 2.JPG
    P4P piece 2.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 219
  • P4P piece 3.JPG
    P4P piece 3.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 215
  • P4P piece 4.JPG
    P4P piece 4.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 224
  • P4P piece 5.JPG
    P4P piece 5.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 212
  • P4P piece 6.JPG
    P4P piece 6.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 224
My question is, do you have a phantom 4 Standard or Pro? The pro does not use those parts however the pro's ribbon cable may have a connection on it that looks like it should be used. Just ignore it. Some cables have that connection but it is NOT used on the pro

Hi I need a radio for my phantom 4 wonder if there the same
Do u mean a remote controller? The P4 standard uses a GL300c where as the P4P uses a GL300f. The GL300f can be used on a p4 standard but the GL300c can't be used on the P4P. confused now?

Well what I got is a p4 standard drone so how much would you sell the radio for

You should go to classifieds and check there or put an add in there that you are looking for a GL300c. I don't happen to have an extra GL300c

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20